Posted September 08, 2014
Alamogordo high school really does suck the teachers don't really care for the students and it's very easy to get in to trouble and they seem not to care for you kid .. If I were you don't send you kid here, you don't want them to fail in life.

Posted May 23, 2014
Alamogordo High School has been a bad experience for my kids. Caring teachers but completely disrespectful principal. This school does not support activities many were cut for next year such as music and choir. School admin doesn't think it is important for children's educational needs. The Directors of schools and Curriculum were no help either. When was the last time anyone at the district office was in a classroom? Thankfully, my husband has orders to move and our two children will no longer have to go to AHS.

Alamogordo High School 4

Posted December 27, 2011
My son went to AHS and he liked it & didn't get in trouble. This school has a lot to offer and lots to do. However, each child has decisions to make; good or bad choices; and most of the time they set their own path. As parents, we just hope we've laid good values and the rest is up to them.....we just need more parents to get involved as our children continue to mature.

Posted October 27, 2011
Terrible school !!! This Highschool don't care about the students ! No one cares when your child have problems ! They don't even listen to parents. It was better a couple of years ago with a different principal. But since 2010/2011 it's getting worse... BEWARE of this school and the "system" they have !

Alamogordo High School 3

Posted June 09, 2011
I really enjoyed my senior year. The school had a lot of extracurricular activities and also a decent teacher to student ratio.

Posted February 04, 2010

Posted October 12, 2009
Having sent two children through AHS, I chose to send my youngest child to NMMI (New Mexico Military Institute - a very prestigious college prep high school) rather than go through Alamogordo's school system again. During all of those years, I dealt with very few faculty that I considered to be worth their pay (administration, not teachers). The teachers that I met and dealt with were kind as a whole, but overwhelmed in a system completely lacking in common sense (see the old block-scheduling). Many attempts of mine to inject common sense into situations and/or conversation were met with puzzled silence, incoherent statements, or illogical arguments by administration. Depressing. Because my youngest child is very smart, I did not feel that I could risk my child's developing intelligence to an inadequate school system. How do I feel in a nutshell? I (personally) wouldn't send my dog there, to be honest.

Alamogordo High School 4

Posted August 04, 2009
We are a militairy family traveledall over the world my boys have been in international schools and are now sophomore and juniors this year.Both are doing well good grades made a lot of friends in school very active in sports. some very good teachers and some that could be replaced. Overall we are very pleased with AHS

Alamogordo High School 2

Posted May 22, 2009
I am a sophmore going to Junior for the year of 2009-2010. I feel there are good atributes to the school, the principles are good at leading. The teachers are not so good. I feel us students are not yet being prepared enough for after High School. Don't get me wrong they do everything they can, but I think there is a big majority of teachers who need to be replaced. Overall it's an Ok School.

Posted May 18, 2009

Alamogordo High School
103 Cuba Ave, Alamogordo, NM  88310
Last modified Alamogordo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alamogordo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top