Posted April 04, 2013
Love Love Love this school....transferred from on base to this wonderful school. School is ahead in academics than on base so the teachers are wonderful with helping them get caught up. Everyone is so helpful and and just the nicest staff!! Not sure about how to take the principal but he is doing something right with this school for sure! Just think he could be more approachable with the parents but everyone is different with personalities. The kiddos are even more well behaved! Cannot even tell you how thankful we are we decided to take them here. True blessing! Was a bit worried about this school from previous posts but Wow glad I didnt go off that.

Heights Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2010
The Principal has an additude problem. I went to register my child today and he was very rude.

Posted February 12, 2007
I have had five children attend this school and have never had a problem in regard to safety. My children were well prepared for middle school. Discipline was never a problem with my kids. they were treated with respect always. I have a newborn at home with me now and I feel confident that he will be getting a good education there. The school building needs to be updated and expanded. The staff is wonderful. they are always polite and very knowledgeable when it comes to teaching children. None of my children ever had problems there.

Heights Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2004
My daughter attended Heights for first grade and recieved an excellent first grade education. Her teacher, Ms. Lind, was wonderful whose love for the field was manifested in everything that she did. She was always available to discuss any questions or concerns that I had and her positive and upbeat attitude reflected itself in my daughter. Although, I never felt safety was an issue as the teacher was outside with the children every day at pick-up time, the method of picking up and dropping off children was difficult as the parking lot was unorganized and parking not very convenient. Kudos to the nursing staff as well, as they took great care of my daughter when she was ill with migraines while they waited for me to come and pick her up. Thanks!

Heights Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2004
As a parent of a student that has attended there for 2 years, I am glad to say he will not attend there anymore. The principle has no concerns about safety, there are no cross guards and people speed through the school zone everyday. They keep verbally abusive teachers, with little regard to the children s emotional well being. They have fallen from exceeding standards to meeting standards academically, and have done nothing to improve safety or academics.

Posted August 26, 2003
The teachers listen to what the parents have to say. You can vist the school whenever you want to see how your child is doing.

Heights Elementary School
2410 10th St, Alamogordo, NM  88310
Last modified Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top