Holloman Primary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
My son went kinder, first and second. Overall, a good school. It always depends a lot on the teacher , but pretty good I would say.

Holloman Primary School 1

Posted August 06, 2013
My children attended this school for two years. Academics were horrible!!!!! They were only concerned with passing state tests. I said passing, not excelling. My youngest was behind after leaving here. (3rd to 5th grade) My oldest was ok because extremely smart and went to Texas schools early on. There are "teachers" that do not not have more than a high school diploma!!!! How is that? I could not believe they did not have any college or teaching degree - or any degree! Yes, some teachers were awesome and very nice, but this isn't good enough to run the entire school. NOT fair to all the children attending here. Yucca is a MUCH better school choice!!! Speak to other parents first, if you can't get your child into the best teachers, go off base!! Your children are better off.

Holloman Primary School 3

Posted April 05, 2012
Before we moved to the area, everyone told us that we absolutely HAD to send our 1st grader to Holloman, as it was the only real choice in the city. My daughter is a very smart girl, but an average student. She is highly social, kind and joyful. She needs to be redirected sometimes to star on task, but is generally a very obedient child. She LOVED kindergarten in another state and thrived. She was very excited about a new school and new friends. About 2 weeks into the year, she started complaining of stomach aches, saying she didn't want to go to school. After some questioning she revealed that she was being harassed by another student. When I addressed the problem with the teacher, she rolled her eyes and said she would move my child, which she did. The harassment continued and nothing was done. Furthermore, my daughter was coming home with behavior reports, which was out of character. We pulled her and moved her to a private school. She had a great year. Back to her old self. I have heard similar stories from many parents. This school has gotten too big, so the average good kid is falling through the cracks. 28 kids in 1 classroom is too many. The teachers are overwhelmed.

Posted September 27, 2009
There is a new principal this year! Mrs. Showalter is the principal for the elementary school and middle school on base. There is another lady helping in the office so you don't have to deal with the secretary, Beth Overstreet, very much. There are a few new teachers this year but the ones I know form the past are great. My son has Mrs. Pope for 4th grade and she is tough but nice. I hope the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Venable doesn't retire so my son can have him next year. My oldest had him as a teacher and he is awesome!

Holloman Primary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
The school has great teachers who care about the students.

Posted April 12, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are concerned about the children and their well being. My son tends to struggle with reading. This is his third year attending this school and each teacher that he's had has taken time out of her lunch or spent time after school to give my son more support. Although the principal can be quite abrasive from time to time, he still has the best interest of the children in mind. I would not choose any other place for my son to attend school. Excellent school!

Holloman Primary School 1

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted October 31, 2008
oh my gosh i loved this school, the teachers were so nice omg i miss the school so much!!!

Holloman Primary School 4

Posted August 30, 2007
My child attended 1st and 2nd grade at Holloman Primary. I think Mrs. Blankenship is one of the best teachers any of my children have ever had. I am not aware of any negative comments about any of the current teachers in this school. If you never need to speak to the principal, Mr. Lott, you will love this school. I found him to be unfriendly and dismissive and I'm not sure that he likes children! Two of his policies I dislike are giving lunch room attendants power to take away recess as blanket punishment and banning parents from classroom holiday parties. I was never able to get an explanation for these policies and also found him unresponsive to concerns I had about a former teacher not following the school curriculum. I would take my child to this school again and recommend the school because of the excellent quality of teachers.

Posted August 06, 2007
This school happens to have wonderful teachers and staff. Mr Lott was not a favorite in our book, but the teachers made up for it. They were wonderful, and the school ran well. Mr Lott did not have much respect for parents, and did not show a genuine love for this age of children. We are a military family and Holloman Primary was a great school for our son for Kindergarten and 1st grade.

Holloman Primary School
750 Arnold, Alamogordo, NM  88330
Last modified Holloman Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holloman Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top