Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

poor hiring practices and apparently not supportive principal/district. my kid's class had 4 different teachers from aug-may.

The principal is HoRRIBLe. The principal and front staff are rude and don't take care of business. Don't send your kids to this school. There are tons of behavioral issues and the teachers don't have the support of the principal to resolve the issues. All they care about is testing.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers can't do their job cause the principal won't back them up. They have so many discipline issues that some of the classrooms can't get things done.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework packets that go home are ridiculous. The kids aren't challenged educationally. Some teachers don't even give homework.

Develops character: Disagree

The principal is HORRiBlE and brushes all behavioral issues under the rug. The is tons of big issues in the school that aren't addressed and they worry about the little issues.

This is my kids second year at this school, it seems to have a high turnover rate between teachers & priciples. We haven't been pleased thus far with the school, it seems all they care about is state testing here instead of actually teaching kids the way things used to be for children to thrive. We've even had the office bad mouth our kids previous school which is tenth in the nation and this school doesn't even rate in the top 50, saying how behind the school is yet it's a blue ribbon school and this school rates a C grade. They lose a lot of forms that you turn in. Hopefully you'll get lucky with a good experience, I have to struggle each day to get my 2 kids to go to school here which has never been an issue in the past. They beg us to take them to an off base school, how sad is that.

My son went kinder, first and second. Overall, a good school. It always depends a lot on the teacher , but pretty good I would say.

My children attended this school for two years. Academics were horrible!!!!! They were only concerned with passing state tests. I said passing, not excelling. My youngest was behind after leaving here. (3rd to 5th grade) My oldest was ok because extremely smart and went to Texas schools early on. There are "teachers" that do not not have more than a high school diploma!!!! How is that? I could not believe they did not have any college or teaching degree - or any degree! Yes, some teachers were awesome and very nice, but this isn't good enough to run the entire school. NOT fair to all the children attending here. Yucca is a MUCH better school choice!!! Speak to other parents first, if you can't get your child into the best teachers, go off base!! Your children are better off.

Before we moved to the area, everyone told us that we absolutely HAD to send our 1st grader to Holloman, as it was the only real choice in the city. My daughter is a very smart girl, but an average student. She is highly social, kind and joyful. She needs to be redirected sometimes to star on task, but is generally a very obedient child. She LOVED kindergarten in another state and thrived. She was very excited about a new school and new friends. About 2 weeks into the year, she started complaining of stomach aches, saying she didn't want to go to school. After some questioning she revealed that she was being harassed by another student. When I addressed the problem with the teacher, she rolled her eyes and said she would move my child, which she did. The harassment continued and nothing was done. Furthermore, my daughter was coming home with behavior reports, which was out of character. We pulled her and moved her to a private school. She had a great year. Back to her old self. I have heard similar stories from many parents. This school has gotten too big, so the average good kid is falling through the cracks. 28 kids in 1 classroom is too many. The teachers are overwhelmed.

There is a new principal this year! Mrs. Showalter is the principal for the elementary school and middle school on base. There is another lady helping in the office so you don't have to deal with the secretary, Beth Overstreet, very much. There are a few new teachers this year but the ones I know form the past are great. My son has Mrs. Pope for 4th grade and she is tough but nice. I hope the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Venable doesn't retire so my son can have him next year. My oldest had him as a teacher and he is awesome!

Last modified Holloman Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.