Alamogordo, NM

Posted October 28, 2014
My family has been beyond blessed by Imago Dei Academy, their staff, and their commitment to raising up eloquent image bearers of Christ. Our daughter has thrived under their watchful care, learning more in four years than most students learn in ten. Their standards are high however, my husband and I appreciate being able to partner with a school that shares our own expectations. If you are looking for a school that is concerned not only with your child's performance but more importantly their heart search no more.

Posted July 08, 2014
One of the challenges of being a military family is finding the right school for our daughters with each move. Without a doubt, Imago Dei Academy exceeded our expectations for our children's education during our time in Alamogordo. The classical Christian curriculum helped them to grow academically and spiritually, the communication with their wonderful teachers and staff was amazing, and we truly felt like we were a part of a family at IDA. Our girls were challenged to learn beyond what I thought was possible, and their exposure to art, Latin, orchestra, music, and drama (along with their other "core" classes), has given them a solid foundation for their future. If you are looking for a great education for your child(ren), you will be highly impressed with Imago Dei! Blessings :-)

Posted May 15, 2014
Imago Dei has been such a Blessing for our family this year. This school boasts top quality teachers and an amazing academic curriculum, while instilling and incorporating Christian values. This is Classical Christian Education at it's finest! As my daughter's first year in Kindergarten here is coming to an end, it saddens us to know that she will no longer reap the benefits of this school due to our move. It's been amazing to hear her come home reciting all of the Planets, Books of the Bible, U.S. States and their Capitals, Shakespeare and other facts that most Kindergartens don't know. I would definitely recommend this school to other parents.

Posted March 19, 2013
I have two children who attend IDA. This school is everything I want for my kids and more. They are getting the very best christian education that is offered here. I believe they have best of both worlds getting a wonderful education and learning about Jesus at the same time. They are helping my children to become wise image bearers of Christ. I would highly recommend Imago Dei Academy.

Posted March 02, 2013
What a wonderful school. We are THRILLED to have our son in IDA. The teachers and staff are top quality and go above and beyond anything we've seen in other schools. They love and disciple our son, and teach him the skills he needs to be able to learn for the rest of his life. We would HIGHLY and without reservation recommend this school to anyone!

Imago Dei Academy 1

Posted February 06, 2013
Their tactics include bullying children and their parents, extensive punishments, promises to change with no actual effort and will treat any child that does not follow like a robot like an absolute outcast. Their goal is to grow the school, not focus on the kids they already have. We had a traumatic experience there. Look elsewhere.

Posted June 06, 2012
Imago Dei Academy is education as it was intended... teaching a child to think, not just to memorize soon-forgotten facts. We teach to the way children learn best. The youngest students learn the basics through repetition - songs, chants. The middle school students begin the study of Logic, how to 'argue' intelligently and see the world as it really is. The high school students study Rhetoric which includes the skills needed to express oneself. Our curriculum is challenging but certainly not unattainable. We require the study of Latin. And by the way, students who study even just one year of Latin perform better on College Entrance Exams. Greek was offered this year and French will be available for the 2012-13 year. Students willing to work hard will do well at Imago Dei. We also have an excellent orchestra program and we include general music and art as part of our basic curriculum. This is a school I am proud to be a part of. Our teachers are among the best and our Headmaster is second to none. We have a very active and involved Board of Directors as well. I am one of the founders as well as a teacher at Imago Dei. God blesses us! Let us bless you too!

Posted June 03, 2012
My son has gone to this school for Kindergarten, 1st grade and will continue for 2nd grade. I feel that my child is receiving a wonderful education. I feel that most of all the education is enriched with literature, scripture, and a nurturing caring staff. The leadership in this school is outstanding. The teachers and staff are highly qualified and come from a diverse background which enrich my son's education and walk with God. The school promotes a lot of family activities to build community within and outside the school. The student/teacher ratio exceeds expectations. I know my child is receiving a lot of one on one instruction. I would recommend this school for anyone looking for a Christian based education and anyone looking to help their child become a well-rounded, educated Christian.

Posted May 10, 2012
What do you look for in a school? One that prepares your child for adulthood with the social a moral values you would like them to have. Imago Dei Academy fulfills the bill and then some. IDA uses a classical approach to education and is the education that gave the world Western Civilization. A Classical education especially a Christian based one prepares students not only to get a job or to continue on with their education but also prepares the mind of the student for innovation, responsibility and leadership which many see lacking in this world. My wife and I chose IDA as a school where our daughter would be challenged to do the best to her ability and where we could be certain the curriculum would not go against our values and where the parents are expected to be involved with the education of their children as well. I realize the cost may be a burden on some but what is training the mind of your child worth when they are out of school and must take on the world? Why not equip them with the best education that can be had? Imago Dei Academy has been that for us here in Alamogordo and the surrounding area.

Posted June 28, 2011
My child entered IDA in the 2nd grade after struggling greatly in the best public school in our area. He is academically gifted and needs challenged. He absolutely loves school and is learning in so many capacities. Imago Dei Academy and the Classical Christian approach to education has been the best blessing for our family! I highly recommend it to all students no matter their learning ability. It will challenge and develop them into life-long learners.

Imago Dei Academy