Sierra Elementary School 0

Posted December 08, 2008
My daughter is in first grade at Sierra Elementary School. She also attended kindergarten at Sierra. I believe Sierra Elementary is a great school but there are a few issues that I am having with this school. I feel that I am not well informed about happenings going on at the school. For instance, my daughter has never been told of a cap day, backwards day, etc. Then we show up at school and thats the day it was at school. I dont know if the teachers are not relaying messages but it seems like Sierre Elementary School doesnt have a good system when it comes to informing all of the students on upcoming events. I believe all the students should be able to be included in events all long as they know about them. Also for the Thanksgiving lunch please make sure everyone including parents know correct times.

Posted September 28, 2008
I loved this school. It is one of the best elementary schools in Alamogrdo. My son attended K-2 and my daughter attended K at this school. My children loved their teachers. I felt comfortable going to the teachers at anytime if I had question or concern with my children. They offered accelerated reading programs. The staff was very friendly. Mr. Sena was very visible and active with the kids. This school had the small town feel and I felt that they were very safe there. We have since moved on b/c of the military, but I really appreciate all that this school has done for my kids.

Posted July 15, 2008
Everyone is so nice. Mrs Murphy & Mrs Sholar are really good teachers. I feel like my child is safe there.

Sierra Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2008
The staff and pricipal at Sierra Elementary are the greatest! My son attends this school and has enjoyed all but the homework!

Posted October 15, 2007
Mr. Sena runs the place currently and we have nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. The entire staff seems to be thoroughly committed to each student's success. I have never been made to feel unwelcome there nor have I felt my child would not to achieve her full potential under their guidance.

Sierra Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2005
Sierra has made my little second grader love school! i credit the teacher and the support staff and their caring attitudes and safe environment they foster.

Sierra Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2004
The principal of this school has no interpersonal skills and is unable to effectively communicate with his teachers. He is often conniving and disrespectful towards some staff members which contributes to a negative atmosphere among the staff. No one trusts anyone at this school. This lack of trust filters to the children. Sierra does not achieve its full potential due to his pettiness.

Posted February 18, 2004
Mrs. Mc Neile does a great job teaching the fifth graders. She should be nominated for the teacher of the year. She regularly goes out of her way to do extra work and assigments within the school. She is always available to assist students with thier assigments.

Sierra Elementary School
2211 Puerto Rico Ave, Alamogordo, NM  88310
Last modified Sierra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top