Bad
Good

The school is so amazing I can't even explain it!!!!!! IT SHOULD BE RATED #1

Teachers lack teaching skills and making learning fun for kids....I had to pull both my children out of this school due to the teachers not educating my children. My daughter hated that school and had stopped enjoying learning, which is not like her at all! She was in kindergarten...I pulled my daughter out of this school and now she is loving learning again and doing wonderful in another school. My son also attended this school and I had the same issue with that teacher. Just a lack of teaching skills in my opinion. My son was in 3rd grade and also did not like his teacher or the teaching methods. Half of the time my son would not even do his work and yet the teacher just sat in the desk allowing my son to fail when all he needed was a push to get back to work. I talked with the teachers and let me tell you....don't waste your time! My children are doing 100% better since I have taken them out of this school!!

My daughter is in first grade at Sierra Elementary School. She also attended kindergarten at Sierra. I believe Sierra Elementary is a great school but there are a few issues that I am having with this school. I feel that I am not well informed about happenings going on at the school. For instance, my daughter has never been told of a cap day, backwards day, etc. Then we show up at school and thats the day it was at school. I dont know if the teachers are not relaying messages but it seems like Sierre Elementary School doesnt have a good system when it comes to informing all of the students on upcoming events. I believe all the students should be able to be included in events all long as they know about them. Also for the Thanksgiving lunch please make sure everyone including parents know correct times.

I loved this school. It is one of the best elementary schools in Alamogrdo. My son attended K-2 and my daughter attended K at this school. My children loved their teachers. I felt comfortable going to the teachers at anytime if I had question or concern with my children. They offered accelerated reading programs. The staff was very friendly. Mr. Sena was very visible and active with the kids. This school had the small town feel and I felt that they were very safe there. We have since moved on b/c of the military, but I really appreciate all that this school has done for my kids.

Everyone is so nice. Mrs Murphy & Mrs Sholar are really good teachers. I feel like my child is safe there.

The staff and pricipal at Sierra Elementary are the greatest! My son attends this school and has enjoyed all but the homework!

Mr. Sena runs the place currently and we have nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. The entire staff seems to be thoroughly committed to each student's success. I have never been made to feel unwelcome there nor have I felt my child would not to achieve her full potential under their guidance.

Last modified Sierra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.