Bad
Good

The teachers should stay in contact with the parents. It shows that they actually care about their students. The folks in the office when you first walk in should act like they want to be there.

When I went to this school, um about 4 years ago, now a graduate student from Atrisco Heritage Academy. The teachers were great. Let me just say I am MEXICAN, and to the parents complaining about OUR race well guess what?! I was enrolled in ONLY SPEAKING ENGLISH CLASSES. Sometimes its call "get involved" to understand in what school your childeren are in. And by the way I don't know in what country you live in, but as far as I know, majoring in SPANISH gets you way more money then only speaking english, because people prefer bilinguals than people who are racist against a race that over dominats them.. learn you facts befor posting negative about a wonderful school. remember its not the school that is bad its the way children decide to make it. so teach you kids right. no wonder there is bullying just look at the parents these kids have!!!!!

FROM STUDENT. All i have to say is this, THISN SCHOOL IS TERRIBLE AND I HATE IT BECAUSE OF BULLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SCHOOL DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE HALF A STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A MEXICAN DOMINANT SCHOOL, AND I GET BULLIED IN MY COUNTRY,STATE,CITY,SCHOOL, AND MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD BY THE KIDS IN THAT SCHOOL, NOT JUST BY THE MEXICANS EITHER. THIS SCHOOL CAN'T FOLLOW WITH THE BULLYING. DISCLAIMER ABOUT JIMMY CARTER: JIMMY CARTER IS NOT A BULLY FREE SCHOOL.

Great Teachers! This school is focused on student success. They have great behavior plans to motivate students in order to increase more learning time.

I love the teachers at this school. My child id happy, safe and tells me about his day. I have attended parent meetings and feel we need more m=parents in attendance, but other wise it is a great place for my child!

I think Jimmy Carter is one of the above average middle schools in ALBUQUERQUE. There are going to be those types of teachers that say 'open the books to page 445 and answer questions 1-16.' and there are going to be teachers that take their time to teach the students, care about their needs, and make learning a funner, better environment. The campus is good, I think parents should be more involved because I understand how kids just ramble on and on with weak excuses, complaining about teachers,etc. Academic wise,the school is fairly good. Lunch is not so good. But to think that this is my last year in middle school, I truly am going to miss this school. Evidently, that means there is something positively special and remembered within this school. My point is, Carter is an overall great school, but just needs a few improvements.

This school is one of the best middle schools in Albuquerque, and of course some would disagree but look at they way this part of town boomed, people also need to take that in to consideration. This school is excellent in just about every way, the teachers are kind and they make learning fun. The school has a great campus and a great learning enviroment. I have sent my son here, and my daughter will soon attend JCMS! GO CAVS!

I went to Jimmy Carter middle school last year as an 8th grader and it is the best! Mr.Jones is a great teacher.

Last modified Jimmy Carter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.