Bad
Good

Our son started at a private school which did not meet our expectations. We moved him mid-semester of kindergarten to Osuna and it is the best decision we could have made. This is a great school with an engaged administration and staff. Our son is in fourth grade now and every teacher he has had has been amazing. There is good communication with home, and a high level of parent involvement. In addition Osuna offers several extracurricular clubs and activities which is unusual for Albuquerque elementary schools.

We've been at Osuna going on about 5 years now. As a meddlesome parent, I have been impressed over the years at the number of parent volunteers I see helping out around campus on a daily basis, as well as those who show up to help out for field trips or at special events like Jog-A-Thon or Science Fair or Talent Night. And unlike some places I have been, Dads make up a more than token number of the volunteers. The Osuna PTA raises over $14,000 each year to help fund special events and services for the teachers and students at Osuna--and Osuna is NOT in a rich part of town. I've seen how hard those PTA volunteers and Osuna parents have to work to scrape that money together. As for academics, so far we have been very pleased. Our kid got high scores on all the SBA tests, and the math curriculum that is now used is much MUCH better than the one that was used before. The reading program is also very good. Our kid's teachers have been excellent on keeping us informed about what is happening in the classroom. Most of the teachers at Osuna are excellent. There are a couple I would call only good. The bad ones assigned to the school don't last more than a year, because word gets out.

We found the teachers our children had at Osuna to be lax on education and grades. The foundation of the education they were receiving was minimal in effort and approach. Parent involvment was little to none the years we were there. The Principal was unable to hold conversations in an adult manner. We left and found that Sombra Del Monte's teachers are organized, caring and the Principal is a wonderful woman.

My daughter attended Kindergarten at Osuna last year and is now in 1st grade at Osuna. I cannot be happier with the school, teachers and the new principal. I have found everyone from the janitors, kitchen help, YMCA before and after care program and up to be so helpful and always going the extra mile to do what is necessary to make the school a great place for the kids to want to be. I feel very fortunate to have my daughter where she is at. I would also like to commend the PTA at Osuna. They are involved in so many ways with the school and have done many wonderful things - their help and hard work is very much appreciated. Sonya

I am a school crossing guard going on three years now for Osuna Elemntary. I work for the Albuquerque Police Department in traffic saftely and love my job! The staff and children/parents are wonderful! This year my daughter will be attending her first year there and we can't wait! The school staff and principal are terrific and I love that the safety measures are higher than most schools. There's a lot of great teachers, the campus is very clean, and the parent involvement really shows thru. I highly recommend this school! The neighborhood is very good and everyone works together to make sure all is well. Outgoing and friendly environment.

Last modified Osuna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.