Public Academy For Performing Arts 1

Posted September 23, 2014
PAPA is a nice school because of its students. My child attends PAPA but leaves complaining every day. Now that they invoked a new parking procedure to the already existing one I was met with rudeness from the staff (daphne benavidas) and confusion from the lack of school to parent communication . (I Do not recommend this school)

Posted April 30, 2014
Where else can you see a 6' guy twirling & leaping across a tiny quad or hear an intricate run on a classical guitar during lunch? PAPA's is the best school for creative kids to be nurtured & taught their talent. The school caters to those who would be ostracized in a public school because of their unique set of skills. Where else can a kid take six years of musical theater, drama, fine art & three dance classes a day ranging from jazz, ballet, hip hop to flamenco? Students can sign up for piano, guitar, strings, or join a variety of choirs. All this happen on a shoe string budget & works because of the dedication of staff, parents and children. In this small school kids don't get lost in the shuffle and everyone knows your name. PAPA puts most Special Ed kids in regular classes with everyone else. There are a few sessions of class of math & English classes if needed. My daughter came here for her senior year for drama. "I feel like I've come home," she said. "I belong here and they accept me." *With a new principle and staff, the school has improved a great deal since 2007 when my kids started. The older reviews reflect problems that have been solved, so ignore them.

Public Academy For Performing Arts 4

Posted April 18, 2014
Awesome. On the waiting list. Hope to hear the great news soon Good luck at all applicants

Posted May 29, 2013
PAPA is a great school that provides a rigorous academic curriculum while maintaining the love of the arts in each of its courses. The students that attend are very talented and often do not realize they have such talents until they attend this school. There is a small student to teacher ratio and a variety of college-prep courses that other schools do not offer. The staff communicates well with parents and do their best to help your child succeed. The school may be lacking a "building" (it is currently stuck in portables), but they are able to utilize their facilities in effective ways that do not take away from the student's learning. This is a great school and it is on a lottery system to attend. The only way this school can improve is by having a better facility for teaching the students.

Posted April 30, 2012
The Public academy for Perfoaming Arts or PAPA, is an amazing school. If your child is interested in the performing arts or is allready in the performing arts PAPA is the perfect school for him/her. After getting our new princible (Doreen Whin) our school has been more organized and has done things our school is very proud to say we have done. We have made feature length movies with our film department and every year we have a spring dance show at the national Hispanic Coltural Center showing our amazing dancers talents. Our students have done things in the perfroming arts that only kids at PAPA have the oppertunity to do. If you want your child to succeed academically and in the performing arts PAPA is the perfect place for them.

Posted April 27, 2012
This school is amazing, but the truth is that this is a school for kids who really love the performing arts. This school will give your child the tools needed to have a successful career in the performing arts. The new principal (Doreen Winn) at PAPA is taking the school to new heights and soon PAPA will be a premier school in New Mexico.

Public Academy For Performing Arts 1

Posted October 21, 2009
The school is very unorganized and shares very little information with parents. The school makes changes and the way you find about them is when the new occurances are happening. They lost many students at the beginning of the year due to the organizational problems and new leadership. This could have been the premier school for Albuquerque, but it lacks so many things, mostly leadership to ever attain that status.

Posted July 04, 2008
This is a school every parent dreams about for their child. My child is safe and is excelling in every subject! The staff and principal are an example all schools should follow! I am thrilled and feel blessed to have my child attend this school! Dee S

Posted November 18, 2007
I am a 6th grader at PAPA. I really like it. The teachers are nice and it is really exciting and interesting.

Posted June 29, 2007

Public Academy For Performing Arts
3000 Adams St, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Public Academy For Performing Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Public Academy For Performing Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top