Bad
Good

Los Ranchos Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2014
I completely agree with the parent on the principal's attitude. Los Ranchos was always like a family of caring teachers and staff but since the new principal has come in, the school is terribly divided. She wants too much to be liked by a small group of bossy teachers to ever do whats right by the child. I transferred out and my student is thriving. The Principal and teachers should be careful about labeling students that they feel don't fit their mold. Everyone is different and if they cannot work with that, then they are in the wrong profession. Two teachers in particular, had such a negative impact and it was really sad because Los Ranchos has the potential to be a really great school with the right staff.

Los Ranchos Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2013
My girls absolutely love Los Ranchos! Mrs. Montoya is the most wonderfully organized teacher we've ever encountered, I'm amazed at not only the quantity of knowledge that my kids have gained from her, but also the deep understanding of the concepts. We've thought about moving them to a bigger school with greater parent involvement and perhaps more opportunity for gifted education, but in the end we love the community that Los Ranchos is. We love that you can regularly find the principal out talking to teachers, students, and parents. We love that the class sizes are reasonable and that most of the teachers are long time Los Ranchos alums, that are not only tried and true but are also invested in staying current.Like every other school right now, they're going through changes and encountering growing pains as we move into the common core state standards, but I know that Los Ranchos is working continuously to improve. I've yet to encounter a teacher at Los Ranchos who is just going through the motions, these teachers are invested in their students and want them to be successful and engaged learners.

Los Ranchos Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2013
Our son has to even started school at Los Ranchos yet, and already I am impressed with how attentive the Principal and office staff have been to us. I can't wait for a wonderful school year!

Los Ranchos Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
My son is doing really well and is already reading and learning math which I think is amazing for being in kinder I love his teacher Ms. Morales. But if you have any problem with staff that have been then a really long time and want to talk with the principal don't waste your time. The principal does play favorites when it comes to staff and she does not deal with issues once so ever.

Los Ranchos Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2008
Small classes excellent teachers! Mrs Thomassen who teaches a 3,4,5 grade combo class teaches to the highest learner and is amazing!

Los Ranchos Elementary School
7609 Fourth St NW, Albuquerque, NM  87107
Last modified Los Ranchos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.