Albuquerque, NM

Posted June 21, 2011
Apparently their AP classes don't include English, grammar and spelling. Perhaps you just have not actually attended any of the AP classes. Below are just a few of the obvious corrections to your review: Alot of people have told me that because I go to Rio Grande I am not as smart as other people or wont (won't) be succesful (successful). But they are wrong. They have really good AP classes, theenivornment (the environment) is very nice. As for sports they they (only 1 'they' is necessary) have good teams and the dance and cheer do vey well.

Posted September 15, 2009
Rio Grande High School is fifty years old and nestled in the South Valley of Albuquerque. Although many of our students score low on the national standardized tests, they come to school with far more heart than I've seen or felt in any other school. Our students and teachers come from many countries, speak many first languages other than English, many are poor and living with difficult situation, but we love each other and we're working to build the greatest school in New Mexico. Our staff is the best trained, most experienced, and most willing to engage our students in academic work that inspires them toward higher goals and better lives. Many of our students are coming from way behind, but they are catching up and they will be terrific leaders in this community and in this country.

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted August 02, 2008
I have 3 children now that graduated from Rio Grande High School now. There will be 3 more in the future which 2 are going this year starting in a few days we all had very good experience with the school and my children were in all sports and extra activities with in the school and very respected with other kids. I have only had good experience with Rio Grande So dont have any problems in the future sending my younger children here the teachers are so nice and loving towards the kids and always stressing about success in the future and how to help the kids get ahead and what to do next instead of just letting the kids say when ready. The teachers have been there a long time and all work together and is very important to have the kids see that working relationship.

Rio Grande High School 4

Posted August 01, 2008
Excellent AP program, very under valued.

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted July 23, 2007
Alot of people have told me that because I go to Rio Grande I am not as smart as other people or wont be succesful. But they are wrong. They have really good AP classes, theenivornment is very nice. As for sports they they have good teams and the dance and cheer do vey well.

Posted July 11, 2007
This school has the strongest AP program in the district. They offer 15 AP courses, coordinated by a team of the teachers who teach the courses. 500 students are enrolled in AP and Pre-AP classes. The school has many dedicated teachers and many respectful, hard-working students.

Rio Grande High School 4

Posted May 14, 2007

Rio Grande High School
2300 Arenal Rd SW, Albuquerque, NM  87105
Last modified Rio Grande High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Grande High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top