Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The administration does not follow through in support of teachers. I would not send my child to this school until APS gets a new principal at this school. Amanda Debell is a by polar administrator and runs all her teachers off when she needs to go. Unexperienced administrator that does not know how to run a school.

Apparently their AP classes don't include English, grammar and spelling. Perhaps you just have not actually attended any of the AP classes. Below are just a few of the obvious corrections to your review: Alot of people have told me that because I go to Rio Grande I am not as smart as other people or wont (won't) be succesful (successful). But they are wrong. They have really good AP classes, theenivornment (the environment) is very nice. As for sports they they (only 1 'they' is necessary) have good teams and the dance and cheer do vey well.

Rio Grande High School is fifty years old and nestled in the South Valley of Albuquerque. Although many of our students score low on the national standardized tests, they come to school with far more heart than I've seen or felt in any other school. Our students and teachers come from many countries, speak many first languages other than English, many are poor and living with difficult situation, but we love each other and we're working to build the greatest school in New Mexico. Our staff is the best trained, most experienced, and most willing to engage our students in academic work that inspires them toward higher goals and better lives. Many of our students are coming from way behind, but they are catching up and they will be terrific leaders in this community and in this country.

I have 3 children now that graduated from Rio Grande High School now. There will be 3 more in the future which 2 are going this year starting in a few days we all had very good experience with the school and my children were in all sports and extra activities with in the school and very respected with other kids. I have only had good experience with Rio Grande So dont have any problems in the future sending my younger children here the teachers are so nice and loving towards the kids and always stressing about success in the future and how to help the kids get ahead and what to do next instead of just letting the kids say when ready. The teachers have been there a long time and all work together and is very important to have the kids see that working relationship.

Excellent AP program, very under valued.

Alot of people have told me that because I go to Rio Grande I am not as smart as other people or wont be succesful. But they are wrong. They have really good AP classes, theenivornment is very nice. As for sports they they have good teams and the dance and cheer do vey well.

This school has the strongest AP program in the district. They offer 15 AP courses, coordinated by a team of the teachers who teach the courses. 500 students are enrolled in AP and Pre-AP classes. The school has many dedicated teachers and many respectful, hard-working students.

Last modified Rio Grande High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.