Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I can't say enough positive about SYJ! Mr. Vermillion is the icing on the cake. Nothing gets past him. He is hands on and no nonsense. He has made this school great! The school encourages parent involvement and the teachers really seem to genuinely care about their students. There are loads of before and after-school activities as well as extracurricular activities. Although it is a fairly large school, it seems like the teachers as well as the nurses know each student by name. This school feels like a big, happy family. My child has thrived at SYJ! I still can't believe my post is the first in a year because I have NEVER met an unhappy parent since my son has been going here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff and teachers care about the well being of the students this is not just academically but their well being.

Amazing school!!! Wonderful teachers, great principal. I have three children, 2 currently there and one in middle school. All three love SYJ.

This is a awesome schools. Teachers are great and there is much parent participation. I would definitely recommend this school.

Great school. The teachers are amazing as well as the principal and staff. I'm very please with the educational standards.

Is there anyone concerned with the condition of the SY Jackson facility? Although the school has positive reviews and the school has high academic ratings, I'm coming from out of state and am hesitant to send my children here because the building is not just old, but looks uninviting. The K/1 playground is also a sorry sight. Any word on possible updates to the building?

I've had my four kids in private schools all over the U.S. as we move around. The education my two youngest got at SY Jackson was been priceless. The teachers and principal are amazing! My youngest went from struggling in math to being advanced. Teachers provide safe environment, exceptional education. Parents are very involved. This has best elementary school my kids have ever attended. Best education! Principal sends out regular emails/keeps parents informed. School is very responsive and proactive. Couldn't buy a better education.

SY jackson is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are amazing with our kids and very helpful to each other.

This is an amazing school! I enrolled my daughter in kindergarten here and could not be more pleased with the individual attention, and quality of education that she has received. She is safe, challenged and appreciated by the dedicated staff every day. The principal is outstanding, and the teacher turn-over is virtually non-existent. We have heard great things from parents of children in other grades there, and parents of multiple children at the schoo,l as well. We are looking forward to our continued enrollment at this school!

Both my boys have attended SY and I'm a teacher there. My boys have received an outstanding education, and I feel so fortunate to be a part of team that truly cares about kids. We have an active parent base, an outstanding administrative staff, and the best group of kids in New Mexico!

Last modified S. Y. Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.