Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)

Teachers show interest in every student in their classroom. They offer a wide range of subjects that the students find fun, entertaining, which makes it easy for students to retain the information of the subject matters. It is also nice to know that the school is very safe for faculty and students.

My daughter went here from Kinder to 4th grade. All of her teachers have been wonderful and caring. Once the principal was changed to Ms. Garcia the school completely changed for the better! Parents were kept well informed, students excelled and communication was opened up for parents. Issues were addressed when Ms. Garcia came to the school. She came into a very broken school and did a fantastic job fixing it!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of my daughters teachers have been hard working and helpful. They have taught my daughter so much! She has never felt uncomfortable going to her teachers when she needs help.

Started out ok, but if you are not in "The Circle" you might as well not come into the school. It is convenient if you live on base, but there are far better schools out there. My children will definitely be transferring.

Mrs. Garcia has done an amazing job with Sandia base! Parent/teacher involvement is great as well!

She is great with the students knows each and every one of them by name.

I have been on the fence about this school from the beginning. Unfortunately, I haven't found any redeeming qualities. I am constantly treated like a child by teachers and the principal. Like they actually bend down, put their hands on their knees and tilt their head while speaking to me. I feel that everyone is in desperate need of total control. It's suffocating. This may sound weird, but I am concerned at the amount of pressure they put on the kids academic standing. It is my belief that learning should be fun and enjoyable! But these people are so focused on looking good on paper I worry about how it'll effect the kids and how they view education/learning in the future. It's sad to think that SBES was worse in the past.

We are finishing our first year at Sandia Base Elementary School (SBES) and couldn't be happier. This school reminds me a lot of our previous experience within the DoD school system. It is a small school so all the teachers know each other, the students and parents. The PTA is very involved in helping to make up shortfalls that funding from the school district cannot cover such as buying planners for every student. There are always family friendly events (dances, bingo, parent-day out) being scheduled that help to form the amazing sense of community. My son has participated in the free afterschool clubs program for two different sessions and loved every minute. There is a diverse student population (mainly from military kids) the benefits of exposure to cannot be quantified. My son's teacher and teacher's aide truly care about his success and have worked with me as part of their team so that I can facilitate it at home as well. I am looking forward to next year at SBES!

This is my children's first year at Sandia as we just moved into the area this past summer. I was very nervous about sending them to Sandia based on the reviews I had read and also comments other parents had made. However, we have been very happy with the school and my children's teachers are wonderful they go out of there way to make sure the children are challenged and learning as much as possible, I couldn't say enough positive things about there teachers. The school has a fun after school club that my children fully enjoy and it's a great club that is free of charge a big thank you to those who run it. From the cafeteria to the school nurse everyone is great and we don't have any complaints.

This school does not receive much praise. Several years ago, it was not a vet impressive school. Since the new principal arrived 3 years ago, she has done a remarkable job in turning the school around. She has continued to make improvements that are much needed. It saddens me to see this school not receive higher marks. As far as a learning environment for my children, I could not be any happier.

Last modified Sandia Base Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.