Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

The school has a strong academic honesty policy and it is clearly articulated. The new IB program adds to the tradition at SHS.

Sandia has been nothing but great for my children. Both my kids are small, and we were worried about bullying. What a relief to find out how nice the kids are at this school! They were welcoming and friendly. The teachers have been very good. Sometimes they get a little stuck in their ways, but overall, they are really great. I really liked the principal who just left, so I was a little disappointed he was promoted, but I'm not surprised. I hope the new man will be as visible and active for the students and parents.

This is for athletes seeking to go to Sandia. Be wary, I was excited for my son who is a great athlete. He went through a horrible experience this year. Coach Broussard is'nt a professional. He is misleading and didn't own up to the impact he caused. He is charismatic and tell you want you want to hear. I've since heard story after story. The administration wasn't helpful. Take your time to attend games and talk to people. On the positive note, it was a learning experience of high school sports politics, sponsorship and favoritism. It is still happening. Good luck

Sandia HS is adding an International Baccalaureate (IB) program in 2013. IB is "a rigorous, off-the-shelf curriculum recognized by universities around the world . http://www.ibo.org/

Before my husband and I decided to enroll our kids to Sandia, we visited several top Albuquerque high schools in the area. The first impression we got from Sandia was that of a welcoming, engaging, inclusive school. Our student will be a Junior in the Fall and is very happy with the education received thus far.

I like sandia, i do but i think the teachers are too strict.

Sandia is amazing. The teachers really do care and will do a lot to help students learn and get good grades! Everyone here is nice and they care!!! if you go to sandia the students are very nice and they greatly welcome new freshmen and students! I love it here!!! Sandia has so much to offer to people that are interested in so many different things. You are guarenteed to find something you love here and also many people who also have the same interests as you, whether it be football, chess club, or whatever!

this is a really good school and has great community services for students and i strongly recomend it!

This is an outstanding school. The teachers care about the students, and it is being remodeled to help with the so called overcrowding. They staff and teachers care about the students and do anthingthing they can to help. This is a excellent school and really people, at any school you can find bullying and drugs. Sandia by no means has a lot of either of these but the truth is that it is the inevidable and every schoool will have some. I love sandia and i am glad i am enrolled there.

This is a great school the teachers interact with us students and help us a lot to improve our grades and maintain them at a certain GPA we try to succeed for.

Last modified Sandia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.