Sandia High School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
This is for athletes seeking to go to Sandia. Be wary, I was excited for my son who is a great athlete. He went through a horrible experience this year. Coach Broussard is'nt a professional. He is misleading and didn't own up to the impact he caused. He is charismatic and tell you want you want to hear. I've since heard story after story. The administration wasn't helpful. Take your time to attend games and talk to people. On the positive note, it was a learning experience of high school sports politics, sponsorship and favoritism. It is still happening. Good luck

Posted April 24, 2012
Sandia HS is adding an International Baccalaureate (IB) program in 2013. IB is "a rigorous, off-the-shelf curriculum recognized by universities around the world . http://www.ibo.org/

Posted April 01, 2011
Before my husband and I decided to enroll our kids to Sandia, we visited several top Albuquerque high schools in the area. The first impression we got from Sandia was that of a welcoming, engaging, inclusive school. Our student will be a Junior in the Fall and is very happy with the education received thus far.

Posted April 26, 2010

Posted March 22, 2010
I like sandia, i do but i think the teachers are too strict.

Posted December 22, 2009
Sandia is amazing. The teachers really do care and will do a lot to help students learn and get good grades! Everyone here is nice and they care!!! if you go to sandia the students are very nice and they greatly welcome new freshmen and students! I love it here!!! Sandia has so much to offer to people that are interested in so many different things. You are guarenteed to find something you love here and also many people who also have the same interests as you, whether it be football, chess club, or whatever!

Posted December 13, 2009
this is a really good school and has great community services for students and i strongly recomend it!

Posted December 13, 2009
This is an outstanding school. The teachers care about the students, and it is being remodeled to help with the so called overcrowding. They staff and teachers care about the students and do anthingthing they can to help. This is a excellent school and really people, at any school you can find bullying and drugs. Sandia by no means has a lot of either of these but the truth is that it is the inevidable and every schoool will have some. I love sandia and i am glad i am enrolled there.

Posted October 22, 2009
This is a great school the teachers interact with us students and help us a lot to improve our grades and maintain them at a certain GPA we try to succeed for.

Posted May 09, 2009
I have been very disappointed by this school. I would not recommend this school if you are looking for a transfer. There are alot of parent politics. My daughter has been bullied and nothing has been done. We transferred her to Sandia because of the outstanding reviews and being told by the advisor that they were intolerant to problem kids, not so. We have been very disappointed. Not every student has the oppurtunity to play sports as well. It's very overcrowded.

Sandia High School
7801 Candelaria NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Sandia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top