Bad
Good

Posted April 02, 2014
The teachers at this school have been wonderful so far. My daughter has been here for four years now, and she has been given many opportunities to succeed. The student teacher ratio is not that good, but APS all together is that way anywhere you go thanks to budget cuts and the not so "wonderful" governor.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
This school has "Some" dedicated teachers, but from my understanding are laying them off at the end of the year and keeping the ones who don't care. The principal is not helpful in any way and ignores you when you need a meeting. I would not recommend this school to anyone with a child who has learning disabilities or those that are gifted, you will not get the support that is needed for these students to be successful.

Posted September 19, 2010
The school staff is doing the best they can with the number of students they have. The teachers and counselor is helping my son to cope and to understand the expectations placed on a gifted child. The guidance counselor is one of the best I have worked with to date and I have worked with quite a few as my oldest is 38 while the youngest is 9 and there are 3 others in the middle. Plus I have foster children in my care. The school staff is definitely caring and always willing to help. As for the PTA a school can not be judged on the volunteers but the service of these volunteers needs to be appreciated.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2010
Sierra Vista definitely has some dedicated Teachers! some is the operative word here. While we understand that the school is bursting at it's seams, the lack of parental involvement is disappointing. MAny PArents do wish to participate but are not welcome to do so by the PTA. the Principal does not encourage unity. children are bullied and the ones that get in trouble are the kids that are bullied.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2010
My son has been bullied all year. From the teacher to the principal....Meetings, phone calls, counselors and more. It sounds unbelieveable and it's been a nightmare and has truly affected his academics and emotional well being. Extremely Disappointed!!

Sierra Vista Elementary School

Posted June 23, 2008
I have had two children that have just finished going through Sierra Vista and have always been very happy with the teachers and the front office staff. I would have no hesitation referring this school to anyone.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 10, 2007
SVES front office staff is overworked but doesn t excuse a smile to visitors wouldn t hurt the principal to smile either. Principal can t seem to find qualified teachers. Kids failed tests & homework yet were given straight A s on final report card. Would love to see classrooms with actual desks would get kids to focus on learning, a sense of responsibility; vs a group table where they play the he/she s bothering me game. I give the school a D & APS an F . Focus is not on kids or overall picture.

Posted August 08, 2007
My son just finished Kindergarten and his teachers were awesome, but I agree with the above comments that the office staff is unfriendly.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 5

Posted February 28, 2007
Our first year at Sierra vista has been so pleasant. Not only has my son learned more that I thought he is teaching others and is excited about learning. I am very grateful for this school, at first I didn't now about Sierra Vista and was going to send my son elsewhere but when I was told they are in my district I gave it a chance. My son has now learned sign language, he understands music and reading oh he is also in a running club. I and many other parents are always in the classroom and lunch. My favorite sign at Sierra Vista is posted on the front door it reads 'welcome to your school' and I feel very welcomed and am very happy and proud that my son is a scorpion.

Posted September 21, 2006
We love the teaching staff here but the office staff leaves something to be desired. Compitence level in the office is on the low end and good luck getting a smile or kind word out of them. You feel bad for going in to talk to them because you are given the feeling you are imposing upon them.

Sierra Vista Elementary School
10220 Paseo Norte NW, Albuquerque, NM  87114
Last modified Sierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.