PK-12|Private
1,395 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our family is so thankful for Hope Christian school. We have had two of our children graduate from public schools, and they received an adequate education. We sent the next three to Hope for their high school years and what a difference! We love the fact that this school still has the ability to maintain a moral standard that is conducive to the academic advancement of its students. We have tried public, charter, and private schools. Hope is the best choice for our family's educational needs. - A Former Public School Teacher

Develops character: Strongly agree

Hope tells students and their families upfront what is expected of them. Their are no surprises.

The teachers that teach at Hope truly seemed called to do so. They are loving and encouraging, yet hold the children to a high standard. I live in the best school district in town, yet choose to send my children to Hope Christian. I am confident that this is the best school for my children. Hope however is not the best school for everyone. If you disagree with the Bible and principles taught from the Bible, both you and your child will struggle. Hope has been an absolute blessing to my children.

My children attended the elementary school for two years. I found the teachers kind and caring and overall Hope provides a safe environment. However, if your child has trouble academically, whether it be reading, math or handwriting, they do not try to help the child through their weakness. Instead the parent is left trying to find outside help while the child is frustrated and struggles through the school day. Even first graders are put on academic probation if their grades slip.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My daughter had several pages of homework every week in kindergarten. It included pages of repetitious cursive handwriting and number writing. Since it did not change from week to week, my daughter found it boring and we struggled to complete it.

My son attended Hope Christian school from kindergarten until 11th grade. Unfortunately, he didn't attend his senior year because he was disenrolled the day before his senior year was about to start. He had attended a party where alcohol was served and a parent of another student told them my son was there. The day before school started ( 4:00 p.m.) I was called into the office and he was kicked out for attending that party. WOW, I thought Christians were supposed to be forgiving. Well not at this school. PARENTS BEWARE, your children cannot make a mistake. All that 11 years of tuition wasted.

Hope is full of teachers and staff whose hearts are amazing and who really care about the students, and who do a good job in working to fulfill the school's mission to "pray for, equip, and send Christ-centered, passionate leaders to change the world." Academics are definitely more rigorous than the public school equivalent grade. Kids are kids, though, and not all familes who attend are believers raising their kids up with a biblical worldview, so sadly there is still much of the drama on the playground or in the hallways that you see in any Elementary or Middle School. One distinct difference is the perspective of the teachers and administration and how those issues are addressed.

I have one son who has graduated from Hope Christian High School and one who is an incoming Sophomore. Hope offers a high academic standard while providing a safe environment for our children. Kids who use drugs, bully or who are repeatedly a discipline problem are simply eliminated, which provides an environment for children and young adults to learn and not be distracted by behavioral issues. Hope teaches morals, values, respect and Christ-like love, which has been removed entirely from our public schools. Students are held to a higher standard of behavior and accountability. The kids truly care about each other at Hope and there does not seem to be competitiveness among those who play sports or those who participate in other extracurricular activities - the student body supports all activities equally. The High School Principal cares and loves the students and is clearly and visibly involved in all aspects of the school. The teachers have stayed late and used their personal lunch time to offer extra help to students. Although Hope is not a fancy school on the outside, it's what's going on inside of the school that truly matters!

Hope Christian School is a wonderful school. My two youngest children graduated from Hope and were totally prepared for college, not only academically, but spiritually, and are able to make good choices in life now. I high recommend Hope!

We have 3 children at Hope. One in kindergarten, mid school and high school and they have all been at Hope since kindergarten. We love the values based education and culture of the school. You don't often hear about bullying or behavioral issues that are typically present in schools, and when you do, it's taken care of. This provides a less distracting and more loving environment for the children to learn. The academic standards are high as are the behavioral expectations. These are the primary reasons I have seen families leave Hope. No school is perfect, but we feel like it has been a great environment for our children to learn and that they have achieved an education far beyond what they could have received in a public school environment (at least in our current school district) and a morals and values based education that would have never been present.

Last modified Hope Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12