Albuquerque, NM
Students enrolled: 1,395
Before care: Yes

Hope Christian School 4

Posted April 27, 2014
Hope is full of teachers and staff whose hearts are amazing and who really care about the students, and who do a good job in working to fulfill the school's mission to "pray for, equip, and send Christ-centered, passionate leaders to change the world." Academics are definitely more rigorous than the public school equivalent grade. Kids are kids, though, and not all familes who attend are believers raising their kids up with a biblical worldview, so sadly there is still much of the drama on the playground or in the hallways that you see in any Elementary or Middle School. One distinct difference is the perspective of the teachers and administration and how those issues are addressed.

Posted June 24, 2012
I have one son who has graduated from Hope Christian High School and one who is an incoming Sophomore. Hope offers a high academic standard while providing a safe environment for our children. Kids who use drugs, bully or who are repeatedly a discipline problem are simply eliminated, which provides an environment for children and young adults to learn and not be distracted by behavioral issues. Hope teaches morals, values, respect and Christ-like love, which has been removed entirely from our public schools. Students are held to a higher standard of behavior and accountability. The kids truly care about each other at Hope and there does not seem to be competitiveness among those who play sports or those who participate in other extracurricular activities - the student body supports all activities equally. The High School Principal cares and loves the students and is clearly and visibly involved in all aspects of the school. The teachers have stayed late and used their personal lunch time to offer extra help to students. Although Hope is not a fancy school on the outside, it's what's going on inside of the school that truly matters!

Posted December 06, 2011
Hope Christian School is a wonderful school. My two youngest children graduated from Hope and were totally prepared for college, not only academically, but spiritually, and are able to make good choices in life now. I high recommend Hope!

Hope Christian School 1

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
We have 3 children at Hope. One in kindergarten, mid school and high school and they have all been at Hope since kindergarten. We love the values based education and culture of the school. You don't often hear about bullying or behavioral issues that are typically present in schools, and when you do, it's taken care of. This provides a less distracting and more loving environment for the children to learn. The academic standards are high as are the behavioral expectations. These are the primary reasons I have seen families leave Hope. No school is perfect, but we feel like it has been a great environment for our children to learn and that they have achieved an education far beyond what they could have received in a public school environment (at least in our current school district) and a morals and values based education that would have never been present.

Posted November 01, 2008
I've attended hope for seven years. Hope is an excellent school for students commited to learning. There is an abundance of homework for classes, but it is all relevant studying and has meaning behind it. I have the choice of many electives now from A&P to Broadcasting the schools news. This is the best place for a christian to recieve an education. Sure our campus is a bit worn down but nothing is grossly deteriorated. We have all the supplies, books, and classroom space we need. There are plans to completely rebuild the highschool campus soon too!

Posted August 07, 2008
It was only AFTER I left Hope that I realized what a strong education I received. Although I failed to appreciate the heavy homework load, curriculum, and teachers at the time, I now realize that I was very well prepared for college and the so-called 'real world'. I now have my Masters and I don't think I would be where I am without the strong educational foundation they gave me.

Hope Christian School 0

Posted January 24, 2008
Hope Christian is a wonderful school for foundational learning in the elementary years. Our children will move on to a school that offers critical thinking skills in addition to exposure to secular philosophies that they will encounter in the real world, especially college. So many of the graduates of Hope Christian feel they are not equipped to handle the reality ofthe world we live in today.

Posted December 29, 2007
We are on our fifth year at Hope with kids at the mid school and elementary campus. It is absolutely wonderful! The faculty is extremely committed to our children, and we can't thank them enough. The coursework has been challenging and the homework has never been overwhelming; we appreciate their committment to challenge our children. We have never had a bad teacher and would gladly give up some of the state of the art features for stronger academics.

Hope Christian School 2

Posted November 11, 2007
First let me say that the students that I have met are very respectful, good children. That is huge in todays world. My criticism is of the Abeka Curriculum used. It is fairly repetitive, doesn't encourage enough critical thinking, and teaches that dinosaurs and man coexisted.

Hope Christian School
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Hope Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Hope Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top