Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I went to Taft middle school for a whole school year and a couple of months in to a new school year before enrolling in a new school. My experience at Taft Middle School was downright horrible. I've always been a student known for very good grades and one to always be on top of their work...but that drastically changed when I started middle school here. This school brought loads of bad habits upon me and also negatively impacted me as a person. The staff and administration here are lazy, ignorant, and careless people who don't know how to discipline kids and they fail to tackle issues at our school, such as violence and bullying. A majority of the kids there are immature and horrible, but they get away with tormenting and bullying other kids because the staff doesn't handle it correctly, and often makes excuses for the bullies and even accuses the victim of having issues and being at fault! The learning environment is extremely poor overall. The instructors are rude and ineffective towards students, and they often blame students for their wrong-doings. They basically set the example for kids that it's okay to slack off in your schoolwork and not care about your education. I became depressed, sad, insecure, and extremely discouraged (academically&socially) while attending this school, my self-confidence also plummeted terribly aswell. I guess the only positive thing I got out of this school is too be careful who you trust and to be aware of your surroundings. If you genuinely care about your kid having a good education, then don't send them here. You'd be doing them a great injustice.

my daughter has attended Taft for 2 years now, this year has been very trying. The Principle and Vice Principle have NO time to speak to concerned parents until you actually report them. I have had trouble with a teacher at this school talking about their lives during class time and sending hours of homework home, I do not know what they are teaching their students if they come home with 5 hrs. of home work after a full days work in school. I would not recommend this school to parents that care about their students future.

great school very organized and caring.everyone seems to speak well of the school.my nephews attended the school and did very well academically they improved in math and reading.it shows that the teachers really care about the students at taft middle

I am a former student of Taft Middle School, Class of 2010, and honestly, this school was very poor at teaching me the core academics that I needed for high school. I always sat right in front of the teachers and did my work, however, that was not good enough for me to pass any of my classes. In addition, my parents never received any letters of me failing my classes. Even when I had failed all but one of my classes (Band I always passed) they still moved up the next grade, even when I was not self-confident in my work at all. I am sorry that I had to come to this extent, but I figured that I did not want another child at that school to fall in the wrong steps as me.

My son is in 6th grade this year and has done so well. His teachers have been so great and we are really happy with the progress he has made. Great job teachers.

I will have to agree that taft get's five stars from me. my daughter has done very will. and love it. I want to thank all the teachers.

This is a really good school! There is so much fun happening at this school!! Go Taft!!! Trojans!!!!

Last modified Taft Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.