Salam Academy has pros and cons. I give it 3 stars compared to other Islamic schools in the country.
1. Safe environment (children are sheltered and very well behaved, parents have keycard entry into building)
2. Academics (children do typically learn a grade level above other schools due to small class sizes)
3.Prayer (Children pray everyday and participate in morning dua recitation and Quran recitation competitions)
4. Low tuition cost compared to other private schools and daycares
5. Newly remodeled building with technology equipped classrooms.
6. Children wear uniforms and are encouraged to dress modestly.
1. Weak Arabic and Islamic studies curriculum
2. High Teacher turnover rate
3. Poor Leadership Administration ( Principal lacks proper background in education and unwilling to accept constructive criticism and disregards parents concerns and input)
4. No extracurricular programs (only chess) or Afterschool programs (kids watch movies afterschool)
5. Limited Recess or Exercise or P.E. due to limited space surrounding newly remodeled building.
6. General lack of organization and limited funding
My first experience was to come and observe the kids, Imam Shafi'i was also delivering lecture. School was also in good and safe area. Kids there are learning great discipline and are very active. Future expansion will be necessary so more kids can be enrolled. If I get chance to move to Albaquerque, MN I will enroll my kids there. God Willing !!!
I believe Salam academy has teachers who really care for their students. Their always having gatherings to get parents involved with the school. They do focus on the teachings of Islam and do a wonderful job with that. There are some down sides in my a opinion, the school is some what unorganized and over crowd with stuff, also it's one of the only islamic schools that doesn't have uniforms so children wear whatever they want not always dressing appropriate.
Salam Academy has beena great school for my children. They have attended this school since they were in prek. They currently test more than one grade above the national average. The atmosphere of the school is conservative in comparison to American society so children are not exposed to the adult issues that plague public schools. I would reccomend this school to anyone who wants their child to work hard to do well.
i personally like this school. i have gone to this school from 1grade all the way to 6. this school has a nice environment for Muslim and non Muslim kids mostly Muslim. this is a very caring and loving school.
I believe in miracles and this school is a proof of how they are managing great quality and environment while staying within limited resources. I guess that it is because of the prayers of the people that this school has helped.