Bad
Good

Posted November 17, 2013
One of my favorite things about this school is how small it is - the classes are small, so the teachers can actually teach the students; the building is small so we don't get lost... The small amount of students allow the whole faculty - the principal, the secretary, the janitor, the teachers - to know you on a personal level like no other school I've been on. I have severe hematophobia - when people describe situations that involve blood, my blood pressure drops and I pass out. During my freshman year, I fainted in one of my classes because the class was talking about blood drives. Within days, the whole school - students and teachers alike - knew not to talk about blood around me. My engineering and chemistry teachers adjusted their safety lectures and gave me the option to leave the room if I started to feel light-headed. When a group of older kids tried to make a game out of making me dizzy, my class teamed up to stop them - like we team up to stop any other form of bullying that happens on our turf. I'm a Senior now, and I sure am going to miss it here...

Early College Academy 3

Posted October 08, 2013
When my student started school at Early College Academy as a new freshman, I was excited for the educational opportunities being afforded. Though we had a bumpy beginning with a freshman math class (as this class sort of stalled out at the beginning of second semester to catch up the students who had transferred from other schools) the other classes were challenging and seemed to be a good fit. It's now Senior year and what a transformation the school has undergone. I'd planned on sending my 8th grader to ECA when she begins high school next year, but will seek out other options at this point. Hopefully, the school can get back on the right track and starting teaching again instead of indoctrinating.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is amazing. My son is now a senior taking a second year of robotics courses, which is the reason he went to this school. He is smart, but always had motivation problems in school. His friends and colleagues (and teachers, of course!) are very high caliber scholastically and have helped push him along to the point that he no longer needs encouragement. The available courses excite him, and he is looking forward to college. UNM is actively recruiting him and classmates for their robotics program based on how well previous graduates have done there.

Posted October 16, 2010
My daughter has been attending this school for the past two years and couldn't be happier with the education and teachers. She has had the opportunity to take college level courses and is now working in an internship program. I feel that she is getting a quality education and am impressed with the ECA program.

Posted May 29, 2008
ECA is a new school to APS and it is outstanding for the right children. Its focus on Science and Math make it a great place for the college bound student who is willing to sacrifice some of the social aspects of high school. Students can participate in extra-curricular activities at their home school, and my son did play football for AHS. At ECA he receives intense individual attention which is great. He is very smart and the staff is able to challenge him. he has taken two CNM courses and next year will take two more as well as a UNM class. He will graduate with his first year of college complete and I think his transition will be smooth based on his preparation from ECA.

Early College Academy