Posted June 18, 2013
i have been going to school here ever since kinder now i am entering 5th Grade the teachers are really nice and they explain things in different ways so that all kids can understand i thing that i dont like about TMES is that 4th And 5th graders have P.E. at the end of the day when it is really hot. Another thing that i didnt like about the pastyear is that there was no general music teacher like how there was one in the past. My favorite part of the past school year was probably the TWO overnight trips the 4th And 5th graders take every year one in August/September and one in May the one in May is more fun because the #rd Graders get to come!!!!. Another thing i love about this school are the Assistant teachers i like both of the Assistant teachers in 9-11. The way TMES puts kids in classes are not like any other school that i know of kinder is only 5 And ^ year olds but 6-9 is not the grade it is the age so 6-9 is 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders and 9-11 is 4th and 5th there is also middle school. I <3 TMES aka The Montessori Elementary School

Montessori Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
My son started kindergarten at TMES this year. In all honesty, my list of pros and cons of this school pretty much even out. The school is small, more personal, more individual oriented - and I really appreciate that. I also really like that there is such a strong focus on music and art, but I think that there is a lack of focus on physical education and athletics. Also, the attitude towards standard school and testing is terrible (teachers are very snotty about Montessori being superior to traditional). My son was well ahead of kindergarten grade level in both reading and math when he started school, and it seems to me that he has not been challenged at all. Because he is able to figure things out on his own, he is often left on his own, and instructed to help other students rather than have the teacher do it or have him working on something new to him. I once went to pick him up early from school and was not allowed into the building! I understand not disrupting the classroom, but I should be able to walk in and get my own kid when I need to. I think the anti-parent policy (unless you volunteer all the time) should be addressed. Some of us can't be there every week.

Posted October 04, 2012
I have worked at TMES for a few years now. The staff is a wonderful group of people who really work together well. It has been a great experience thus far.

Posted September 27, 2012
My children have been students at this school their entire life and plan on continuing through middle school. My experience has always been positive at this school. Not only are my children testing above state standards on their tests, but they are receiving important life skills to learn how to deal with 1)expressing themselves, 2) understanding their own emotions and 3) how to deal with "bullies". I have also heard from many other parents who have come from other schools and their reviews have been great.

Montessori Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2012
This school has a weak or non-exist anti bullying policy. The teacher told my child that the student bully 'was just joking'! We requested a formal investigation and a week later (after repeating our request) we got a terse note that the student was 'talked to'. The student continues the behavior and the principal, lead teacher and classroom teacher are doing nothing to stop it that I am aware of.

Montessori Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2012
We have found this school to be average, at best. Students are supposed to have the same teacher for 1, 2 and 3, and then another for 4 and 5. Our child had a different teacher every year. Only one of these teachers had much experience teaching the Montessori process. The others were either new to teaching, or new to the grade level they were assigned to teach. We have not been impressed by the teacher our child has this year, nor felt particularly welcomed by her. Our child required outside tutoring to bring her up to grade level. While the music program is strong, the visual art program is average. Physical education is taught by non certified staff members. The school has very little, if any, technology for the students. Perhaps with more time TMES will develop into a stronger school. There needs to be more consistency and less teacher turn over, and perhaps a more friendly atmosphere. We see very little advantage at this school compared with our local public school.

Posted February 15, 2012
We placed our son in TMES for kindergarten because we knew that he needed a more open and flexible learning environment than he would be afforded in a "traditional" classroom, where most of his day would be spent sitting at a desk doing worksheets. We could not be more pleased with the education our son has received so far. His confidence, competence and skills have grown tremendously since he started at TMES. Yes, TMES expects a lot of their students, parents and teachers. This is not a negative thing; actually it is a positive, and something sorely missing from most educational environments. We have high expectations for our son as well, and expect him to do his best every day. Between the instruction he receives at TMES and the encouragement we give him at home, he is thriving. He also gets art, music, physical education, and culture instruction at TMES he could not get elsewhere, at least not without a hefty tuition charge. We feel fortunate to be part of TMES and highly recommend the school.

Montessori Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2011
Teaching at TMES for over 4 years now is a pleasure. We have such a knowledgeable, passionate staff. I love how many family volunteers we have participating daily in our school! The school keeps growing in a positive way and I am excited to see where we'll go.

Posted May 13, 2011
I have volunteered in TMES for half this current school year (2010-2011). As a retired teacher of 30 years I was amazed at what I witness and observe at TMES. Children are busy learning, working on independent projects, sharing ideas and integrate effectively within their classrooms as community...unified and happy. The classrooms I have been lucky to have worked in have been supportive of the children's levels of learning and provided individual and group instruction so that every child is attended to AT THEIR LEVEL. It has inspired me to return to teaching and get licensed in the state of New Mexico. I continue to be amazed at the music program and recently attend an end of year concert that was unbelievable. Every student learns to play violin and parents are urged to attend lessons as well. TMES was for me, a breath of fresh air to see innovative instructors and children that actually are enthusiastic about learning.

Posted May 12, 2011
This charter school provides my children a 'private school' without tuition. My 10 yr old 4th grader and 8 yr old 2nd grader are wrapping up their 3rd year and I couldn't be happier with their teachers. The Suzuki violin program offered to every student is a wonderful compliment to the Montessori method. All children are encouraged and inspired to work at their own level. The school has met AYP standards each year while still allowing for a large percentage of self-directed learning. I can't afford private school, but am happy to supplement the school where I can to maintain the high level of instruction it provides. The school has never forced or guilted parents to donate money. They are forthcoming with financial information so parents can decide if they want to help or not. This school has none of the bullying, cliques or prejudice I've witnessed in 2 other elementary schools my children attended. This school teaches cultural, social and environmental awareness and tolerance. Great job, TMES.

Montessori Elementary School
3831 Midway Place NE, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Montessori Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6
Montessori Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 90 reviews. Top