Posted October 17, 2013
Mountain Mahogany School is a new school this year for my Grandson. He is doing well and I enjoy getting updates and photos of him on his learning activities weekly. The teachers make a point to know all the kids names and recognize the parents during pickup. He is enjoying his learning environment at MMCS.

Posted October 11, 2013
MMCS is a fantastic school in so many ways! My child has just started middle school and we are both impressed with the program. The teachers are inspiring and care about every students success. The communication with parents and the little personal touches make the mid school experience so special. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to get weekly photos and updates. Thank you Mountain Mahogany!

Posted August 26, 2013
Mountain Mahoghany Community Schoool is a new school for my daughter. The school's adminstraters and teachers are great. I haven't seen this much enthusiasm and involvement at any school that my children have attended in the past. My daughter loves the school, teachers and is excited about going to school every day. The school very recently experienced vandalism and a fire which destroyed much of what the school has worked so hard to accomplish. A compassionate campus and a safe school environment. If they could win this sweepstakes, it would greatly benefit the school at this time.

Mountain Mahogany Community School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
Over all Mountain Mahogany is GREAT! I have 2 daughters attending MMCS. My oldest was in a private school for 4 years, so it was a bit of a challenge at first with the lack of structure (and zero homework) in the classroom but now that she's in middle school it's been quite different. She has had some homework but not as much as I thought or think she should have, but it's still very early in the year and there is definitely more structure within the classrooms. My youngest is having a blast with finger knitting and gardening. Her teacher is organized, excited to teach, seems to have the class "together" (structured) and keeps the parents informed and involved. I'm looking forward to a great year! It would be such a blessing if MMCS won the sweepstakes, especially with the school just being vandalized. :(

Posted August 22, 2013
What a wonderful place for my child! Caring, personal, nurturing approach, awardwinning teachers, cozy setting made my child love to go to school.

Posted August 02, 2013
If you're looking to drop your kid off at school and that's their education, then this school is unlikely to be a good fit for your family. If you are looking for a learning community to be part of as a parent, this school might be what you're looking for. There is mandatory parent involvement, a lot of community input into the functions of the school, and values/mission-based curriculum and culture. Go to their website and read their charter and other documents carefully, they are a good place to gain an understanding of the school's mission.

Posted July 31, 2013
I've been going here since kindergarten! I love it the teacers help me with things I'm having trouble with and I always love making sure I have good grades!! I'm also am able to go on trips and com back and do my school work on the trip. They give that opportunity to see the world!! The school is like a family, a community we all work together to make sure we have a safe and healthy learning and growing experience. I feel welcomed for who I am. I love there and I'm sad this my last year there them I go into high school. Sincerely to MMCS, Kabira

Posted May 22, 2013
My son has attended MMCS for 7 years. Wonderful, supportive staff, excellent teachers, beautiful gardens, we love it!

Mountain Mahogany Community School 1

Posted September 15, 2012
This is a really creepy school in a bad neighborhood, anyone can just get on campus if needed and there is no security. The office staff is rude and unorganized and this school needs to be closed down!

Posted November 05, 2010
Our first year here and we LOVE it! My kids look forward to school every day.

Mountain Mahogany Community School
5014 4th St NW, Albuquerque, NM  87107
Last modified Mountain Mahogany Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Mahogany Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.