Albuquerque, NM
Students enrolled: 1,616

Posted September 02, 2011
This school is very dis organized when it comes to registration and scheduling. Called several departments BEFORE school was due to begin. Wanted to know basic information. Registration date, etc. NO ONE EVER ANSWERED THE PHONES IN ALL DEPTS! People were there! We saw them when my husband had to finally take time OFF from work to take over to the school! A party ensued and we were left hanging! This happened again when my grand daughter tried to go and get her schedule. All the women had to take a break and go eat. Told her to come back another day! She has to walk or take a CITY BUS, we live just short of the 2 mile mark for school bus riders! So, make sure if you are moving into this district you are: close to the school or 2 miles away! Don't bother calling!!!!

Posted August 07, 2009
They give too much attention to the trouble makers n dont equalize the money spent on sports!

West Mesa High School 1

Posted August 06, 2009
To much attention given to the trouble makers and not enough to the brighter students.

Posted February 10, 2009
I am of 2 minds about it. First, the teachers are great. It's hard to be a teacher at this school, but the teachers are dedicated to giving their all to try and help these students succeed. It is difficult for many reasons. The student body is incredibly large, and undisciplined. There are exceptions, but this is the case. Parents are not involved, and many of my colleagues talk about parents who get upset at a failing grade for a student that hasn't been to class all semester long, and wants to know why the grade can't be changed. The leadership of the school is a joke, especially the principal. She talks about supporting her teachers a lot, but then quickly finds reasons to belittle them. In my opinion, she has no place being a principal. She made it easy to leave this school.

West Mesa High School 5

Posted November 07, 2008
i went there for three years and i thought it was the best school ever it was fun the teachers are good specially ms. Bussey. They have good programs there and its a great school to be in you just have to do your work like your supposed to.

Posted August 21, 2008
West Mesa is a great school I am currently a Senior here and have been going here all 4 years of my high school education. The teachers are great especially Ms. Glauner, Mr. DiGregorio, and Mr. See. I am so glad that I came to this school I have learned so much in my time here. They have great clubs and extracurricular activities and they give a great education to the students there!

West Mesa High School 1

Posted February 21, 2008
West Mesa is a terrible school. It's straight up dangerous and when I went there, I absolutely hated it. Teachers are underpaid and never assited me with anything I needed help with. Students were rude and extracurricular programs were virtually non existant. I transferred to La Cueva High School this year, and it's a million times better than West Mesa. They have awesome teachers, great extracurricular activities, and the sports programs are spectacular. All of the sterotypes you hear about LC are completely false. So trust me parents and soon to be high school students, West Mesa is not a good school.

Posted November 21, 2007
As a graduate of West Mesa I am proud that my sons are now going to West Mesa. Yes the school might be overcrowed but the teachers are very professional and always willing to help. There are some great teachers like Mr Westerberg and Ms Glauner.

West Mesa High School 5

Posted June 27, 2005
I've had two sons graduate from this High School and have a gradchild currently attending. What I've noticed as a parent is that the atletics programs are in desperate need of equipment and in some cases leadership. Teachers are always willing to go the extra mile to help students who want to be helped. My experience with the principals has always been positive and as a parent I've been 100% involved in my child's progress in the classroom and throughout their sport's activities. Also as a parent I've spent countless hours volunteering whenever and wherever there was a need for my services. I have to say if there are any weaknesses that I could site it would be in the parents who are apathetic towards their children's progress in their academic endeavors. Parent's need to be involved on all levels and at all times.

West Mesa High School 4

Posted June 05, 2005
As a former student of West Mesa agree that the Principle leadership is almost nonexistant. The teachers are truly under paid for their work, they were always there for me whenever I needed them. The extracurricular activities are there for whoever wants to be involved. Overall my experience as a Mustang was a great experience and I will never forget where I came from.

6701 Fortuna NW, Albuquerque, NM  87105
Last modified West Mesa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Mesa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top