Albuquerque, NM

Posted February 24, 2015
My son attended Cross of Hope Preschool and is currently enrolled in kindergarten. We could not be happier with this private school. As a teacher, I have extremely high expectations for my son's education. Cross of Hope has exceeded all expectations. Scholastically, Cross of Hope students score in the top 10 percent of the nation on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. Cross of Hope is more than just a good school though...it is a family. It is a small enough school that all the children know each other. I was amazed that within a week or two...the fourth and fifth graders were greeting my kindergarten son by name when he arrived at school. Parent involvement shows at Cross of Hope with amazing concerts, celebrations, family dine outs, etc. If you are looking for a school with a Christ-centered education, fantastic faculty, and friendly students/families...you have found the right spot!!!

Posted February 17, 2015
Wonderful environment, small classes, parent involvement. The price is also better than other private schools in the area. My daughter went to preschool here and we felt it was best to continue her education at the elementary. Highly rated school.

Posted January 21, 2015
This school has such a loving environment! The teachers constantly challenge and gently nudge students into performing their best. (As evidenced by the school ranking in the top 10% of the nation according to ITBS test scores yearly) Reading and Math scores are high with most students testing above grade level by 1-2 years. Children are engaged in the core subjects as well as Spanish, Music, PE and Christian Studies. Families get to know each other really well because the people are all so open an welcoming.Parents are highly involved in the school, several serving as special session art teachers, librarians, Girl/Boy Scout leaders etc. The PTA, Parents of Hope, are very active in providing family centered activities for the whole community to join in on. Money raised by the PTA goes to the constant need of upgrading technology within the classrooms. This really is the school that we all want for our children! There are other great private schools in Albuquerque but the Cross of Hope community really make this a special place to call home.

Posted January 16, 2015
In a time where testing, rote learning and drill and kill are the norm Cross of Hope stands out as a place where child-centered authentic learning occurs. This small, private school offers a variety of rich programs not found in larger schools such as fine art, music, Spanish (3x a week) and P.E. All teachers are state certified and licensed with degrees in education. I am not only a teacher at Cross of Hope but a parent of two Cross of Hope graduates who are excelling thanks to the incredible foundation they received at COHES. At Cross of Hope, learning is fun and educators delight in not only teaching the fundamentals but inspiring children to use their talents to find their voice and make the world a better place. If you want your child to get an education where educational decisions are made first by what honors God and what is best for children, then Cross of Hope is the place for you!

Posted May 05, 2013
We love CoH because it's more than a school, it's a family! My daughter attended 2 years of CoH preschool. Knowing what the preschool had to offer, we were pretty confident the elementary school was our choice. Prior to even registering for klndergarten, the evnriornment was welcoming and warm. No matter whether we saw the principal, the office manager, any of the teachers, the Pastor, the church members...ALL of them had a smile on their face and made us feel welcome. As planned, we enrolled our daugter in Kindergarten this year and the warm, welcoming feeling is still there today. There is such a great desire to teach the children the academics and about God and the foundation for which he created us in a relaxed environment where high standards are reached. We are so blessed to be a part of the CoH family!

Posted February 25, 2013
Cross of Hope Elementary School has been the perfect fit for my son. The teachers have high standards and expect a lot from the kids, but they do not try to fit them "in a box" of how they should learn. Instead, they seek to understand each child's unique learning style to enhance their experience. The small classroom size and encouraging atmosphere has allowed my shy son to blossom in his confidence. When I first visited this school, it was actually not on my radar, or a first choice based on online research, but after visiting and seeing the school, my gut told me it was right and I am so happy that we found Cross of Hope.

Posted December 12, 2012
The Cross of Hope community of parents, teachers, administrators, and church members, are wonderful. They work hard to make each student a success. The small class size and dedicated teaching staff makes this school a gem. This school has done great things for my daughter.

Posted November 02, 2012
COH has been a wonderful experience for our whole family. We transferred mid year from another larger school and immediately knew that it was the right fit for our kids. The very well trained and talented teachers provide a challenging, but fun and loving classroom environment. The principal is top notch in professionalism, in her love for the children, and in leading with integrity and graciousness. Christian character and solid principles are nurtured into the whole school day, not just during a Bible lesson. There is a very sweet spirit here that is evident even on the playground--older children helping and playing with the younger children. The school is clean, attractive, and welcoming. It feels more like being part of a family than a school and parent involvement is welcomed. The stellar test scores plus the more affordable tuition make this a gem of a school!

Posted October 16, 2012
Cross of Hope offers an outstanding academic progrram for children in pre-school through Grade 5. We recently moved from out of state where my daughter was enrolled in accelerated classes. I was concerned with finding a strong academic program that would keep her challenged. We have been thrilled with Cross of Hope. Their test scores are very impressive and, because of the small class size, teachers can tailor lessons to their students' needs. My daughter loves the small environment. It is a warm wonderful place with caring committed teachers. It is affordable -a great value in education.

Posted October 03, 2012
Cross of Hope is an amazing school! My children have been going there for two years and we absolutely love it. The academics are very strong as evident by their nationally ranked test scores. The teachers at Cross of Hope are wonderful. They are highly educated and use their skills in amazing ways in the class room. Cross of Hope fosters a warm and caring environment that allows student to feel comfortable to excel at learning.

Cross of Hope Elementary School
6104 Taylor Ranch Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM  87120
Last modified Cross of Hope Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Cross of Hope Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top