K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I pulled my son out of public school after his freshman year. My only regret is that I did not do so sooner. This school allowed him to achieve a high school diploma and have some friends to boot. Currently he is attending NMSU community college branch and will be attenend ENMU-R vocational training in fall of 2014. The teachers are dedicated to helping the students meet their maximum personal potential by focusing on strengths and abilities. They do not drill the students with endless tests and homework that does little to remediate disabilities. I always wanted my son to go to college and Pathyways staff helped me to see that his path might not be the one that I dreamed, but it could be a good one. My son now is going to college, maybe he won't be a masters student or a PhD, but he will be a productive member of society. That's worth a lot. This school is not your typical school setting so if you expect your child to be writing research papers it might not be the place for you, but if you want your child to learn to be part of a community and to believe in themselves then it's worth a visit. We are thankful we chose this school. Public and homeschool didn't help my son to learn.

I pulled my son out of public school in the eighth grade. The head of special ed at the school he was in told me he would learn more at home watching the Discovery Channel than he ever would in school. He was at a Kindergarten reading level and third grade math level, despite how bright everyone said he was, and he hated school. He was on his way to dropping out and not even being able to work at McDonalds. He has severe dyslexia, asperger's, scotopic sensitivity, and sensory processing disorder. He has been at Pathways Academy for three years now, going on four and we couldn't be happier! They have truly saved our lives. He is at grade level math, and an eighth grade reading level, and he loves school! It may take him a little longer to get t hrough college, but no questions that he'll now be able to go! Amazing school, I couldn't be more grateful to the incredible staff for what they do for these children!

Sorry to say this school was not for my child. She got harassed by the boys (majority) and the staff did nothing about it. She got books thrown at her, and the teachers didn't do much either. When I asked the principal to see her work (because there's no homework) 2 months went by and I had to go around to all the teachers and get it myself. I told her that this student didn't do well on tests but was able to function at a much higher level, and yet she placed her in classes according to her tests. Alot of money for little education.

When my daughter left APS, she was in 4th grade, could not write or read and hated school. Mission school brought her up two grade levels in 6 months.. The mission school after careful testing and one on one teaching strategy have produced wonderful results. My daughter loves school, has friends and fits in and is being taught by teachers that really do care in a wonder environment. One of the best schools ever!

My son has many learning disabilities and absolutely hated school. Frustrated with the options at the public schools we found the Mission School of N.M. My son now enjoys school, has good social interaction with other kids and is making steady progress academically. School will always be a challenge for him but it doesn't have to be a nightmare.

The Mission School of NM is a wonderful place. My son, unable to 'do' public school because of severe ADHD and sensory integration dysfunction, made friends and learned after starting at The Mission School of NM. The faculty evaluated his learning style and taught him in a way that made sense to him. Every child's learning style, personality, ability is taken into consideration at The Mission School. There are students that are gifted, have ADHD, bipolar, Asperger's, learning disabilities, dyslexia at the school and each child is treasured and respected for who they are and what they bring to the school. The faculty cares about each child and family. Never have I ever been so happy with a school. For my son to be excited to go to school everyday is amazing. He knows that the kids accept him for who he is--yea!

Last modified Pathways Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12