Albuquerque, NM

Wilson Middle School 5

Posted May 26, 2014
My daughter just finished 3 years at Wilson and is proud to be a Wildcat. When she left Bandelier Elementary, many of her white classmates went to other schools. Wilson has a bad reputation because lots of poor kids of color go there. As a result, many of the challenges of low income, single parent kids are present at Wilson BUT we found the teachers to almost all be excellent. Parent involvement is less than we were used to but I'm guessing that with so many single moms, time does not allow for the kind of involvement a 2-parent household can provide. My child was in the gifted program for many but not all of her classes. Band is wonderful and a great way to get connected go great kids. We loved Wilson. My daughter saw the real world and is better for it and got a good education along the way. Go Wildcats. On to Highland High next year! We highly recommend Wilson. Teachers and Admin. ROCKS!

Posted March 11, 2011
I am a student here and I actually enjoy this school. I'm an eight grader and I have been here all three years. It's not a GREAT school but it is a good school. The staff and teacher's are kind and helping. Yeah some students dislike them but that's normal. The neighborhood isn't all that great but it's better then a lot. The principal is nice and jumpy and happy to help as well as the vice principal and all the other staff. The kids aren't all that great but it's not the schools fault. We have a lot of activities also i.e. volleyball (i was in) basketball, track, tennis, student council, AVID and a lot of clubs. My classes are challenging but not impossible. "Nothing's impossible the word impossible has IM POSSIBLE in it!" I love this school and I will definitely come back and visit when I go to high school.

Wilson Middle School 1

Posted June 29, 2010
Can anyone come up with a rational explanation as to why is this site pompously called Great Schools? Simply listing all schools from ANY TOWN, USA, confuses everyone, instead of making things clear by indicating which schools truly deserve this overly used and abused descriptive adjective of great . Wilson Middle is not a great school at all, by the way. The only thing it excels at is maintaining a culture of complacency into cultivating sub-standards of academic performance and educational leadership. There is a pervasive climate of underperforming academically, with an obsessive and lame emphasis on being in school keeps you [the student] out of streets (and trouble). This anti-academic performance is supported by a paternalistic attitude -- on the part of teachers and staff of benign neglect towards the student body, made up of kids who distinctly exhibit a supreme disinterest towards education.

Posted March 12, 2010

Posted July 21, 2009

Wilson Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2009

Wilson Middle School 5

Posted March 07, 2009

Wilson Middle School 0

Posted May 08, 2008
Im a student at wilson middle school i think it is a great school they are very concernd about the students and their classes may be sometimes hard but it keeps you to learn more and more i would recomend it to parents and students

Wilson Middle School 2

Posted August 07, 2007

Wilson Middle School
1138 Cardenas SE, Albuquerque, NM  87108
Last modified Wilson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top