Bad
Good

I can't speak highly enough about the special ed program at Zia Elementary. The teachers are top notch and have an amazing way with the students and identifying the best way your child learns. My child has been fully supported academically, emotionally and physically. The teachers have a way of bonding with your child that brings tears of happiness to my eyes. Can't speak highly enough about them.

My twin daughters just started at Zia Elementary schol as kindergarten students. So far I am pleased with this school. I love tha fact that it is a small school and the faculty, staff and administrators make parents feel welcome and part of the school community. My girls are very happy in their dual language classroom and they really like their teacher. No complaints from this family!

My son is in the bilingual Kindergarten class and has an amazing teacher! He loves his teacher and class and the Spanish immersion. He is like a big sponge learning and singing more and more Spanish everyday. The school also has the best playground and grass area in the city.

We love Zia! We were previously at a local private school, however, due to my sons sensory processing disorder the private school did not feel he was the best fit. Nervous about going to public, I researched and found Zia, small, with good test scores-taking into account it's population, with an open mind and an advocate for kids who march to the beat of a different drum. My son has thrived at Zia, has had the best year by far! He did not qualify for services, so we got them privately. Zia is better in many areas in comparrison. The school, the teachers, the principal are all top notch. I have attended several APS school board meetings, due to APS' budget deficit, and have been most pleased to see our principal there- while many schools don't have representation at the meetings. Our principal is very pro-active, having held budget meetings for parents and meeting with parents individually, he is very approachable and I feel manages the school well. I disagree with the prior rater, he is very proffesional. I have not encountered any lack of proffessionalism or arrogance from my interactions with him. The PTA is also very active, but needs more involved parents, as do most.

Zia is a great school with fantastic teachers. My children have learned a lot in the time that they have attended Zia. Unfortunately the pincipal is arrogant and very unprofessonal. He has very poor communication skills and not very much interaction with the children.

My two children attended this school for 3 years. The teachers are wonderful! The principal on the other hand is rude and judgemental. I placed my daughter in another school for his poor treatment of students (not just my children either) and his inability to understand that children are children and categorizing them makes you a bigot.

I have a child entering 2nd grade at Zia. I am pleased with the organzation of the school and the leadership. We are delighted to be part of the Zia family.

This school has an unusually high level of parent and family involvement. It's a giant family!

Both of my children attended Zia Elementary and received (with the exception of one very bad teacher) a great education and great support. I love this school and hope they'll win the $20,000 and that it's used directly for students and creative endeavors like art and music.

There is an individual at Zia that always finds time for us... Thanks to Ms. Hillard! She's awesome, the time and extra effort put in by this lady is greatly appreciated, and will be missed by a certain fifth grade student and his family.

Last modified Zia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.