Posted November 29, 2012
I have had my child at Zuni for five years. First, there is no way that half the staff has left Zuni in the last two years. Secondly, the new staff is WONDERFUL and the remaining staff is GREAT! My son has one of the best teachers I have ever seen this year. He loves school and is being challenged in ways I didn't believe was possible. The principal clearly has a vision for the school. Her desire to use technology to expand teaching and learning has resulted in my son producing work that is far beyond his current grade level. If you really want your child to be challenged and to be exposed to critical skills, send them here. Since it is a magnet school, they accept transfers!

Zuni Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2012
I'm a concerned parent because I've seen nearly half the staff leave Zuni Elementary in the last two years. The high percentage of teacher turnover is alarming and I want to know why so many outstanding teachers are choosing to leave this school?

Posted May 17, 2012
This has been the best year so far for my student! I think the changes they've made have been fantastic. My child's teachers don't seem unhappy at all, they seem to love their job and the school. My child learns quickly and is in a situation where he is grouped with others that also learn quickly. He doesn't have his needs ignored while the teachers spend all their time with kids who are struggling. Kudos to a school (and a principal) that is willing to step out, do something a little different, and give kids who are faster learners the challenge they need!

Zuni Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2012
I have been part of the Zuni Community myself for some time now myself and wanted to sort of "respond" to the last review. I, too, believe that Zuni has been trying to do a lot of changes without a lot of administrative support. I don't know if it is lack of support from the principal, or from the district, but I feel like the teachers are working very hard to make us, the parents, happy. I have had many questions for my student's teacher only to be redirected to a reading teacher or a math teacher. I don't think my student's teacher knows her as well as I wish she did. I think the communication is not a strong as it has been in the past, and this is hard for me. I wish my student had one teacher all day long. It would help a lot! Although I appreciate all of the technology Zuni has, I miss the way Zuni used to be. My student isn't in middle school yet! Don't treat her like she is!

Posted June 30, 2011
I am class of 2011 at Zuni Elementary Magnet school. It was VERY VERY VERY FUN! All my teachers were nice and FUN! All the activities like Communication Celebration or Zuni fund -run were VERY FUN! Although we have 6 years of elementary school,I been at Zuni 5 years because I went to another school 1st grade. I think Zuni is the best school and I"ll never forget it. I"m going to miss Zuni.

Zuni Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Both of my children went to Zuni, which is a magnet school for computers and communication. They went from Zuni to the Albuquerque Academy, a highly competitive private school, because they were well prepared. Currently Zuni is a Title 1 school, yet it has met Annual Yearly Progress because of the gains the students have made. I have taught at Zuni for 14 years, and currently hold the position of teaching the full day program for highly gifted learners. Students come to my program from all over the city. Zuni has not only a strong program for gifted students, but a strong commitment to keeping abreast of changing technology.

Posted January 19, 2010

Posted May 31, 2009

Posted September 20, 2008

Posted September 20, 2008

Zuni Elementary School
6300 Claremont NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Zuni Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zuni Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top