Mc Kinley Middle School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
Its a good school, the curriculum is very good, this is my daughters first yr and so far it has been a good experience for her. Only thing is the school lacks funding for updated equipment. It would be nice to see this school get a little help in expanding the tools for teaching these bright young students.

Mc Kinley Middle School 2

Posted July 26, 2012
While there are some great teachers, overall the school is terrible. Bad kids, bad teachers, no communication, etc. I never even heard from half of my child's teachers. When I asked for contact info I learned half didn't have emails! At 1 meeting I asked about repeating since she had failed all year and nobody knew!! I couldn't even get an update on her grades! We were bombarded with the anti-bullying message, yet when my child was bullied - NO RESPONSE. She tried meeting with the counselor for help & was turned away. She also tried to report bullying towards a friend and was repeatedly turned away/ignored. Teachers would refuse to answer questions and told kids to "figure it out" My daughter gave up because "I'm frustrated because they never answer the question I am asking" When I asked her what she learned this year she said, "to act like a brat like everybody else. It's a good thing I was only there 1 year or I'd have a bad attitude too." She heard teachers call students toads & brats, told students they couldn't be trusted, etc

Mc Kinley Middle School 5

Posted September 07, 2011
Great Teachers! Very Caring and Interested in each child. Teachers spark interest for students and that is important!

Mc Kinley Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2011
McKinley, despite some comments, is actually full of caring staff and faculty. We have great kids, caring teachers, and all strive daily to make our school as great as possible. It's difficult to read other comments that sum up our whole school by ONE experience. I have been teaching here for five years and believe I work with one of the most caring staff APS has to offer.

Posted March 16, 2010
Very unresponsive. Have had very little feedback from the teachers. The IEP Meeting was a joke. They have failed to tell me what they plan on doing to help my child learn in the classroom and kept asking me when I plan on putting my child on medication.

Posted February 09, 2010
I think that this school can be fun and educational but the students just need a little more support from the teachers! And parents!

Mc Kinley Middle School 5

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted May 29, 2009
This is the most child unfriendly school we have experienced. The focus is not on encouraging children to choose education but to encourage them to choose their rules and regulations. The atmosphere is negative toward child development. They don't seem to be able to handle teen development and challenges in a positive manner.

Mc Kinley Middle School 2

Posted February 06, 2008

Mc Kinley Middle School 1

Posted January 11, 2007

Mc Kinley Middle School
4500 Comanche Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Mc Kinley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mc Kinley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top