Bad
Good

Mc Kinley Middle School 1

Posted December 17, 2014
If your looking for a middle school for you student to attend I strongly advise you to not choose McKinley middle school. This is the most unqualified and unprofessional staff I have ever dealt with. From the principle down to the "teachers". Their M.O is anti-bullying but this school is notorious for bullying and the staff not doing a thing about it. A "teacher" even put her hands on my son and when we confronted the principle about it she told me campus APD was looking into it and nothing was done about it. The staff has an attitude and don't care about the students education and care less of what concerned parents think. Again I strongly encourage you to not let you student attend this joke of a school. McKinley gives APS a very bad name and I would hate to see any student go through what my son has endured in the time he was there. Please DO NOT let your child attend this school. I would give this school a zero but one is the lowest I could choose. Very bad school.

Mc Kinley Middle School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
Its a good school, the curriculum is very good, this is my daughters first yr and so far it has been a good experience for her. Only thing is the school lacks funding for updated equipment. It would be nice to see this school get a little help in expanding the tools for teaching these bright young students.

Mc Kinley Middle School 2

Posted July 26, 2012
While there are some great teachers, overall the school is terrible. Bad kids, bad teachers, no communication, etc. I never even heard from half of my child's teachers. When I asked for contact info I learned half didn't have emails! At 1 meeting I asked about repeating since she had failed all year and nobody knew!! I couldn't even get an update on her grades! We were bombarded with the anti-bullying message, yet when my child was bullied - NO RESPONSE. She tried meeting with the counselor for help & was turned away. She also tried to report bullying towards a friend and was repeatedly turned away/ignored. Teachers would refuse to answer questions and told kids to "figure it out" My daughter gave up because "I'm frustrated because they never answer the question I am asking" When I asked her what she learned this year she said, "to act like a brat like everybody else. It's a good thing I was only there 1 year or I'd have a bad attitude too." She heard teachers call students toads & brats, told students they couldn't be trusted, etc

Mc Kinley Middle School 5

Posted September 07, 2011
Great Teachers! Very Caring and Interested in each child. Teachers spark interest for students and that is important!

Mc Kinley Middle School 4

Posted March 06, 2011
McKinley, despite some comments, is actually full of caring staff and faculty. We have great kids, caring teachers, and all strive daily to make our school as great as possible. It's difficult to read other comments that sum up our whole school by ONE experience. I have been teaching here for five years and believe I work with one of the most caring staff APS has to offer.

Posted March 16, 2010
Very unresponsive. Have had very little feedback from the teachers. The IEP Meeting was a joke. They have failed to tell me what they plan on doing to help my child learn in the classroom and kept asking me when I plan on putting my child on medication.

Posted February 09, 2010
I think that this school can be fun and educational but the students just need a little more support from the teachers! And parents!

Posted May 29, 2009
This is the most child unfriendly school we have experienced. The focus is not on encouraging children to choose education but to encourage them to choose their rules and regulations. The atmosphere is negative toward child development. They don't seem to be able to handle teen development and challenges in a positive manner.

4500 Comanche Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Mc Kinley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.