School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Cleveland Middle School is one of the best middle school in the Albuquerque area! We offer a comprehensive educational program for all students; from gifted students to students with learning disabilities. There are numerous after school activities and academic support programs. Our studenta can also participate in seven different sports through our athletic departmentt. There is something for everyone, here at Cleveland!
March 18, 2013

Cleveland Middle School 5

Posted August 13, 2013
My son is attending this school as a seventh grader, this year, and also attended sixth grade there as well. So far, we have had no problems and we think Cleveland is a GREAT school with GREAT teachers! While, there is a dress code, it's not really as strict as most. My son doesn't mind because although everything must be plain, it still gives him the opportunity to choose the colors and types of clothing to wear. It's so much better than a uniform. I also really like iParent because I can keep track of my sons grades and assignments! We are proud to the parents of a Cleveland Middle School Colt!

Cleveland Middle School 4

Posted May 01, 2013
I like Cleveland MS. They're teachers really care for our children. I like that they have taken care of the bullying issues. My son enjoys going there.

Posted September 22, 2012
I have a 6th grader at this school who is a very bright, well behaved child but feels this school "doesn't pay attention to the good kids and focuses more on rules than teaching." The first week of school I met with the principal regarding placement. My son was automatically placed in a lower math class although he had scored advanced on all state test, in class work, and on the mid school placement test. However, the school's policy is to put kids in a basic math class if they are not gifted. He sat in a class that was considerably below his performance level (and doing nothing) for nearly 4 weeks. He was eventually moved after I pushed administration and had his previous school call, however I was basically given lip service and a canned response while the school was trying to get their act together.The students are said to be bullies and not well behaved but the school publishes discipline/behavioral policies that are not enforced including a dress policy that 90% of the kids do not follow with no consequence. Supposedly there is an excellent curriculum and lots of activities however I see none of this executed well. The band program is horrible. The school lacks leadership.

Posted December 02, 2011
The school arrested a student for burping in class and incarcerated him without due process. Might as well be Beijing Middle School

Posted April 26, 2011
It's a shame... One of the worst for APS. Cleveland is dedicated to their staff not their students!

Cleveland Middle School 2

Posted May 13, 2010
i am a student i i personaly dont like this school at all. there are so many bullys and to much drama!!!! but the teachers are nice sometimez

Cleveland Middle School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
Cleveland is one of the best school's I have taught at. The teachers here care about their students and want them to succeed. The teachers put in a 120% everyday.

Cleveland Middle School 4

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted February 20, 2009

Cleveland Middle School
6910 Natalie NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Cleveland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.