Bad
Good

I attended EG Ross when I was little and loved my teachers. My daughter attended EG Ross for all her elementary years. All her teachers were so amazing, compassionate, loving. Mrs Generich and Mrs White, Mrs Roger's, Mrs Lucero Mrs LeBron, Mr Konash. My son has an IEP and the teachers follow it to the T. He has grown so much. Mrs Chambers, Mrs Marris Mrs Leonhardt, Mrs Salazar, Mrs Montoya. Especially love Mrs Stavig the principal. Mrs Henry P.E. Mr Borland P.E. but now he's assistant principal. Mr Benjamin librarian. Love this school.

I've been extremely pleased with this school. I have found the entire staff to be very accommodating and attentive to my child's needs. They recognize his strengths and keep him challenged.

Best school I have dealt with. Very dedicated teachers, nice facilities. Parents are very involved.

I was apprehensive about sending my son to E.G. because of the low reviews and because he was coming out of private school, but much to my surprise his 5th grade year at E.G. Ross was his best! His 5th grade teacher was Mr. Konash. He was not only a great teacher for my son, but also an exceptional male role model. E.G. Ross has a warm fuzzy feeling and the education was amazing. They have up to date technology, the most wonderful library, and a caring staff. I was greatly pleased with our year there. My son wished he had been able to attend for his entire elementary years!

Our children attend E.G. Ross and i think the counselor, Mrs. Moulton is excellent! She has helped each of my children at different times with different issues. She responds to us as parents promptly and professionally. She is a true advocate for children, especially those with disabilities, and always does what is best for the child.She is calm and compassionate when teaching classrooms or groups or responding to an individual situation. My children talk about her all the time and definitely feel she is a safe adult at school. we are lucky to have her!

Edmund G Ross Elementary lacks leadership from the top with Amanda Stavig. The school is failing miserably due to lack of leadership, refusal to help children with their disabilities appropriately, and the principal trying to cover up all the problems with a fake smile and saying everything is fine. The school also lacks appropriate parents leadership in that the PFC is lazy and can do so much more in more creative ways. The school counselor is irresponsible and does not do what is best by children with disabilities. If you ask these people for help, they make you out to be the problem. If you dare go against them, they (Amanda Stavig and Kendra Moulton) will retaliate against you and use multiple forms of intimidation to shut you up. If you have a problem at this school, go straight to the New Mexico State Department of Education. This school will not turn around until appropriate educators and counselors are in place. It is poorly managed and is failing for many reasons. Do not send your children to this lousy excuse for a school.

I was wary about putting my child at EG Ross because of the low GreatSchools Rating and general hear-say from other people. However we gave it a shot, and I've been very impressed by the principal, teachers, and staff. They are all dedicated caring professionals who worked hard at what they do. My child is happy and challenged, and I can not be more satisfied with this school. I do think there needs to be more parents participation, but that's hardly anything we can fault the school with. Most of the parents have full time jobs they can't take time off from.

My twin boys have been at EG Ross from K-3rd (currently). I feel they have had great teachers and they have been treated as individuals and have learned a lot from each teacher. The atmosphere is great & the boys have loved going to school each year. Each teacher has prepared them for the following year. The principal is very attentive to all the kids. I was very involved at the school the first 3 years but my job does not let me be at this time. My husband & I have been really satisfied with the school up to this point.

Last modified Edmund G Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.