Posted April 28, 2014
Great school. Professional, dedicated and caring Teachers and Staff. Wonderful families. Many educational adventures each day. We love Georgia O'Keeffe Elementary.

Posted March 23, 2014
Gifted, dedicated teachers and staff. Amazing parents. We are very pleased with our school. Amazing Library and Librarian. Cheerful, always helpful staff. It is a bright and sunny learning environment.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2014
This school is located in a upper middle class neighborhood and there is a great deal of ostentatious and snobbish behavior exhibited by the parents and staff. My daughter was ostracized by other mothers because she is very young and she dyed her hair a couple of different colors to please her own young daughter. Nobody spoke to her at birthday parties and many people didn't even bother to RSVP to her daughter's invitations. Such rude people don't make good parents or educators. My granddaughter has also been bullied for two years by another student and that issue has been handled quite poorly. I will give a thumbs up to the academic expectations at the school, but there are no programs in art or music for creative and talented children.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2014
GOK is an amazing school. It's been 3 wonderful years my children have been attending Georgia O'Keeffe. Great teachers, Great office staff, great nurse and so much more. Only complaint i have is the current principle isn't so friendly of welcoming. The principle before her was so friendly and always greeting students and parents. My children enjoy their day at school and are always sharing what they learned.

Posted September 29, 2013
This is an outstanding public school in a city that does not have a reputation for quality education. The teachers do their best and granted some try a lot harder than others, but that happens everywhere in every school in the entire country. The leadership has changed and now everyone is held accountable and the test scores prove our children are learning. Am I 100% happy, no, so I stay active in making sure my voice is heard. As long as all the parents start to do that we will keep this as one of the best schools in the city. The more parents help, the better the school is. My children love going to school as should they all

Posted September 24, 2013
GOK is an outstanding school with an exceptional staff which benefits greatly from the dedication of the parent community to education and the staff's desire to foster growth. Our two children have very different needs that have been respected with the early years being focused on a sense of family & community and the latter years preparing for middle school & independence. We moved into the school district for GOK and I haven't had one regret. The school has had leadership changes in the last two years improving the school even more.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
I went to meet the teacher day and loved the teacher my student got. The classroom is right by the office and i noticed that the principal was in her office. Dont you think that she should be out greeting parents and studnets. My child has no idea who the principal is. I really hope that the assistant principal does not follow in the principals footsteps. Last year i volunteered alot and never saw the principal visiting the students or even saying hi to them in the hallway. Really not to impressed with her.

Posted July 17, 2013
This school is the best!! I have worked at this school for more than half of my teaching years. It is a fantastic place to work. The staff members are professional and are the hardest working group of teachers I have ever worked with. The parents are supportive and help in any way that they can. They are the reason our students are so great. I love teaching at this school and never want to change to another place. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful place to be.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2013
I have the same feeling that the girl at the reception was not friendly. Otherwise it's a great school.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
I called to set up a tour and the secretary was so rude and short. Said we don't do tours I said you expect me to send my child to a school without seeing it???? I said may I please talk to the principle to gather more information. She was equally rude but started to warm up after I broke the ice. She said good luck because transfers are lottery and I already have 41 requests.. What is with these old women that are so jaded and grumpy. You expect children to have manners where are yours.

Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School
1701 San Victorio Av NE, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top