Bad
Good

Between my three children I have 12 classroom teacher years of experience with Georgia O'Keeffe (my children are currently 6th, 3rd and 1st graders). The dedication and effectiveness of the teachers at Georgia O'Keefe is fabulous. With very few exceptions I can say that my children have had a top notch educational experience in the 6 years I have had children at the school. I am sad to see what recent issues with PARCC testing and state teacher evaluations are doing to the morale of the teachers at GOK. These teachers should be proud of their hard work and appreciated not only by the parents at GOK but the state for the exceptional job they do in educating and nurturing our children. I'm always glad to sing the praises of this school.

This is the best school my daughter has attended. Well organized. Lots of extra after school programs (although they are popular and sometimes they fill and you don't get every one you request.), field trips, dances and other outings. Lots of community involvement. Administrative staff have been nothing but friendly, informative and helpful. Natalie's 5th grade teacher is amazing and has my daughter improved in every way, not just academically, but her self esteem and confidence. They are quick to get on any social issues among the kids or bullying. Great, great school.

I am the grandmother of two second graders. Both of my grandchildren attended Georgia O'Keeffe through first grade. We had nothing but trouble with bullies and parent cliques. The school counselor was rude and uncaring toward my granddaughter who had to enter professional counseling because she was being bullied every day by a very nasty child. The bully was never properly dealt with even though he said he bullied at school because his older brother bullied him at home and threatened to kill him. The bully needed help also, but no adult was interested in reaching out. The school secretary is also quite rude and evidently thinks she is in charge of the school. The principal was never available. She was never in sight. Now our children attend a wonderful charter school. They get up happily every day to go to school and always talk about how they love their school, teachers, and school friends. The homework they are assigned is well thought out and challenges them to actually think. My granddaughter's frequent stomach aches have disappeared and she stopped biting her nails. Good riddance Georgia O'Keeffe Elementary!

The school staff in the office is rude and they gossip all the time. I am visit my child's class all the time and every time in go into the office everyone is always gossiping. Come on be professional. The principal has no clue on how to be a principal she micro manages. Instead of being in your office all the time go out and visit with the students and be caring and loving to them. Where do they find theses people to take care of our school. A cracker jack box.

Great school. Professional, dedicated and caring Teachers and Staff. Wonderful families. Many educational adventures each day. We love Georgia O'Keeffe Elementary.

Gifted, dedicated teachers and staff. Amazing parents. We are very pleased with our school. Amazing Library and Librarian. Cheerful, always helpful staff. It is a bright and sunny learning environment.

GOK is an amazing school. It's been 3 wonderful years my children have been attending Georgia O'Keeffe. Great teachers, Great office staff, great nurse and so much more. Only complaint i have is the current principle isn't so friendly of welcoming. The principle before her was so friendly and always greeting students and parents. My children enjoy their day at school and are always sharing what they learned.

This is an outstanding public school in a city that does not have a reputation for quality education. The teachers do their best and granted some try a lot harder than others, but that happens everywhere in every school in the entire country. The leadership has changed and now everyone is held accountable and the test scores prove our children are learning. Am I 100% happy, no, so I stay active in making sure my voice is heard. As long as all the parents start to do that we will keep this as one of the best schools in the city. The more parents help, the better the school is. My children love going to school as should they all

GOK is an outstanding school with an exceptional staff which benefits greatly from the dedication of the parent community to education and the staff's desire to foster growth. Our two children have very different needs that have been respected with the early years being focused on a sense of family & community and the latter years preparing for middle school & independence. We moved into the school district for GOK and I haven't had one regret. The school has had leadership changes in the last two years improving the school even more.

I went to meet the teacher day and loved the teacher my student got. The classroom is right by the office and i noticed that the principal was in her office. Dont you think that she should be out greeting parents and studnets. My child has no idea who the principal is. I really hope that the assistant principal does not follow in the principals footsteps. Last year i volunteered alot and never saw the principal visiting the students or even saying hi to them in the hallway. Really not to impressed with her.

Last modified Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.