Bad
Good

This is a great school with much parent involvement. However last year the district lines were re-drawn to ease the overcrowding at North Star. The result? Twenty-seven children in our child's 5th grade class!

This is my daughter's second year at the school and she loves it. The staff are wonderful and very personal. They take the time to get to know the families personally so I feel like I have a close relationship with my daughter's school. They are very family oriented and I appreciate that.

My daughter has attended the school for the last two years, 3rd and 4th Grade...she has been entirely happy and settled in well. As a parent I have been pleased with the school and her teachers both educationally and the care/support provided.

I have two children who currently attend Double Eagle. We have been very pleased with our teachers. They are all caring individuals who want the best for each student. In my experience, if a student is struggling, the teachers are willing to work with parents to find the right method that works for that child. Additionally, our experiences with the administrative staff have been positive. There is a high level of parental involvement at this school, and this creates a positive sense of community for students and parents alike. We feel very lucky to be a part of this school.

I have had the privilege to work at six different APS schools in my decades as a teacher. Double Eagle has the strength of dedicated and passionate teachers as well as a strong principal who works well with, and listens to students, families, and the staff. Teachers work to provide meaningful lessons that meet the needs of each student. Art and music are often integrated into a variety of lessons. One characteristic that makes Double Eagle outstanding is the support of the parent community. The students and staff are very fortunate to have such dedicated and generous parent volunteers. I feel extremely fortunate to work at this wonderful public school.

I've been working as a teacher for Albuquerque Public Schools for a number of years now. I've taught at several different schools in the city while working as both a student teacher, and then a professional teacher. I've met many wonderful, and hard working, teachers (and parents) at each of these schools regardless of their test scores. I respect the work that my colleagues in APS are doing. That being said, the community that I have the pleasure of working with at Double Eagle is by far the most, positive, hard working, thoughtful, and dedicated group of people I have ever met. The principal is supportive of the teachers, while understanding of the needs of the community as a whole. She has high expectations for the students and staff, and she works tirelessly to ensure that we're always striving for excellence. The parents are highly involved in the school, and the staff invite the parents to participate in their child's education whenever possible (within reason.) The teachers often work well beyond their required hours to ensure that their classrooms are positive, productive, safe, and caring learning communities. I am proud to call myself a Double Eagle teacher.

I agree with the review posted on 02/05/11. "There are a handful of great teachers and if you're lucky your kid will get one. Really don't know why this school gets so many great reviews." Not a strong principal. Private school is definitely the way to go in Albuquerque.

Double Eagle is an okay school. There are a handful of great teachers and if you're lucky your kid will get one. Really don't know why this school gets so many great reviews... other than parent involvement there is really nothing all that special and now, more so, with all the recent budget cuts. If you can afford to put your kids in private school you're better off especially when it comes to public education in Albuquerque.

My three grandchildren are very happy at Double Eagle.

Last modified Double Eagle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.