Albuquerque, NM

Posted March 25, 2015
This is a good school. Most teachers seem to be good. We have been here a short time. Vice Principal is approachable and my experience with her was good. My daughter likes the school. The PTA functions are great. It has a good "Community" feel to it. The school is safe and organized. The expectation for the children to succeed is high. Communication with the school is good. As far as Teacher/Parent communication, it has improved, but started out a bit shaky. Office staff has always been helpful and friendly (and most of all good to the kids) Looks like they may have received some bad press in the past (about a year ago). Due to something personal that was not handled well. Hope the school learned from that experience. That should not reflex the education of our children.

Tierra Antigua Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2015
Phenomenal school! Very happy with teachers. The appearance of many portables in wait for future use is a bit concerning. It does not seem as though the school was built to hold a much larger capacity which will be an issue once the housing developments surrounding the school are completed. Traffic is chaotic. What would I change? The principal. He has not been fully understanding and cooperative to our "special" needs due to our family circumstances.

Posted January 31, 2015
TAES has remarkable staff and students. The teachers and administration are very kind and attentive to student needs. My child has had a wonderful experience and we couldn't be happier with the education she is receiving.

Posted January 31, 2015
I currently teach at TAES and we truly have such a great community. Our students and their families are hardworking, ambitious, and take pride in their academics. Our staff members provide quality instruction and strive to meet each students needs to ensure their academic success. The administration provides amazing support for both students and staff and they go above and beyond to create a positive environment. We have several community drives throughout the year, fun events for families, a very active PTA, and a well-rounded student council. Overall Tierra Antigua is an excellent school. Go Firebirds!!!

Posted February 06, 2014
Tierra Antigua has been a terrific school for our two children. The curriculum is challenging yet fun for the kids. The principal and vice principal are very approachable and friendly, and the school's PTA is very active. The school doesn't have any roads with traffic near it since it's at the edge of town and seems really safe. I am not sure what the first negative review from 2010 was all about because this school has not had any portable classrooms until about a month ago. Maybe the poster posted about the wrong school.

Posted January 07, 2014
My child attends Tierra Antigua Elementary School (TAES). As parents, my wife and I love the school. There is a lot of parent school involvement. At the same time, the in-classroom instruction is phenomenal. I have many friends that are teachers (public and private school) and I get the vibe from them that TAES is doing exactly what it should be doing. The teachers are great, the community is great, the school and neighborhoods are safe, and the entire staff (maintenance workers to after school staff) are pleasant.

Tierra Antigua Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2012
The only other review here is very negative unfortunately. I'm sorry to hear that the parent and child had such a horrible time. In all fairness, the school was brand new when the other review was written and maybe they were still working some things out. I don't have a child that requires special assistance, but I certainly hope that if it were merely a matter of "working out the kinks" in a brand new school, they have done so now. MY experience has been great this year with my second grader. I'll admit, coming from the east, NM schools in general, are disappointing to me. However, as far as Albuquerque schools go, I think Tierra Antigua is a good choice. We love my daughter's teacher and I spend time every week helping in the classroom. I always see a lot of parent involvement with this school.

Posted March 12, 2012
My son started Tierra Antiqua right when the doors opened. (3rd grade at the time) We have had nothing but great things at the school. Then when he was in 5th grades, my identical triplets began going there as well. Again, nothing but great things to say for the school. My daughters are on a IEP for speech and enjoy the therapist they learn with. The teachers are terrific, as is Jamie the principal. She will tell you how it is, but she is also open to discussion with any issues brought to her attention. :)

Tierra Antigua Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2010
This school treats it special education program as a joke a way to sweep their studdent into a corner literally in a back trailer with no real teachers or program

Tierra Antigua Elementary School
8121 Rainbow Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM  87120
Last modified Tierra Antigua Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tierra Antigua Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top