Public charter
Albuquerque, NM

Corrales International 4

Posted July 30, 2014
In my opinion this school is great in the sense of international learning and they are constantly trying to improve the quality of the school. Some of the good things about CIS are the small class sizes, the relationship teachers develope with students, and the involvement of parents and family members. One thing the school could work on is being on top of the behavior.

Posted July 25, 2014
We moved from a large public school to CIS. Best thing we could have done. Great teachers and administration....could not ask for more.

Corrales International 1

Posted April 21, 2014
I really thought this school was going to be amazing. We did all the fundraisers and tried our best to get this school going. We fought the Corrales village and there opposition to the school. But I think they saw things we didn't see. They ousted the principal in the first few months. Half the teachers left one year. And bullying was rampant. And they wouldn't do anything about it. I am grateful that my child is done with this school. I hope it hasn't caused to much hardships for my child. They said my child's test scores were great and everything was just perfect all the time. An independent test showed otherwise. Now I'm going to have to seek out after school tutoring to get my child caught up. I would highly recommend seeking out another bilingual school.

Corrales International 1

Posted December 14, 2013
After reading all of the comments (It appears some of the comments are made up just to keep star rating up) I still thought this school would be a good fit. After trying to work with administration, I had to pull my child out. No organization, students are not learning at the pace I was told and bulling is ignored. I don't understand why APS is not investigating the goings on at this school.

Corrales International 2

Posted September 16, 2013
For those parents who want answers you will be very frustrated trying to get to the bottom of why the headmaster refuses to answer any direct questions regarding her teachers. The math and science teachers in the middle school are lacking and the kids are actually getting behind. Our kids were tested in their new schools this year and are 2 years behind after being at this school.

Posted September 10, 2013
!que escuela tan maravillosa! Nos encantan todo en esa pequena escuela. We are grateful to have our fabulous little school.

Posted September 05, 2013
Open communication, small classrooms, motivated teachers, and a well rounded education make Corrales International one of the best charter schools in Albuquerque. A great community of teachers, staff, parents, and students!

Posted September 03, 2013
My daughter just started at Corrales and so far the entire experience has been wonderful! She loves it there, she was instantly accepted by the students who had been there for years, so no annoying cliques or ostracize the new kid attitude that can so often happen at charter schools. All the parents and school staff have been really welcoming and supportive. All in all, we feel very welcomed and included in the school. And the curriculum seems very good, I love that the kids have such a large focus on Spanish.

Posted September 01, 2013
We are amazed by this fantastic little school. The teachers do an outstanding job not just with the basics, but ininstilling the IB concepts that expand our children's thinking. Children at CIS are learning personal responsibility, respect for others and our planet. They get hands on experience in the garden, caring for animals and preparing food. The added bonus is learning to read, write and speak Spanish. We love this school.

Posted September 01, 2013
We are lucky to get into this school. My child has flourished under teachers of the school.

Corrales International
3821 Singer Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Corrales International is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corrales International Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top