Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

They do not work well with children who have disabilities or have different learning styles. They label your child and stigmatize them, picking on them, and being negative instead of being supportive. My child has been the scapegoat of every one of his classes since kindergarten, and his self-esteem is now being highly effected by this, crying regularly about school. I have now decided that I am going to have to take him out of this non-supportive environment. The teachers and higher-ups expect your child to be "the good child, with no issues," so beware if your child has any type of sensory, ADHD, or physical disability.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teacher engagement at the school is wonderful. There is great communication and sharing between children, parents and teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are assigned official homework and then encouraged to work on their own to complete web-based learning.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our school is based on IB principles so values are regularly shared and reinforced through projects and community service programs.

Our school is wonderful. Virtually all of the teachers volunteer their time to provide extra tutoring to students after school and there are countless programs that are just amazing like International Day where children learn about a country and learn a dance & song to perform for the school.

Family Environment, educated and dedicated staff, great leadership, and doing what is needed for the benefit of the students who attend.

In my opinion this school is great in the sense of international learning and they are constantly trying to improve the quality of the school. Some of the good things about CIS are the small class sizes, the relationship teachers develope with students, and the involvement of parents and family members. One thing the school could work on is being on top of the behavior.

We moved from a large public school to CIS. Best thing we could have done. Great teachers and administration....could not ask for more.

I really thought this school was going to be amazing. We did all the fundraisers and tried our best to get this school going. We fought the Corrales village and there opposition to the school. But I think they saw things we didn't see. They ousted the principal in the first few months. Half the teachers left one year. And bullying was rampant. And they wouldn't do anything about it. I am grateful that my child is done with this school. I hope it hasn't caused to much hardships for my child. They said my child's test scores were great and everything was just perfect all the time. An independent test showed otherwise. Now I'm going to have to seek out after school tutoring to get my child caught up. I would highly recommend seeking out another bilingual school.

After reading all of the comments (It appears some of the comments are made up just to keep star rating up) I still thought this school would be a good fit. After trying to work with administration, I had to pull my child out. No organization, students are not learning at the pace I was told and bulling is ignored. I don't understand why APS is not investigating the goings on at this school.

Last modified Corrales International is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.