Helen Cordero Primary School 5

Posted November 09, 2014
I am a new staff member at HCPS. I am impressed at how respectful the staff is to each other. I am sure this reflects to the children.

Posted September 24, 2014
I am so sick of the administrative staff yelling at us like we are children but then went respect back. I only have my child in this school because at this point I have not other choice. You have to walk your child to the back of the school to get them to class every morning which can take up to 10 minutes to walk there due to lack of parking and if you take a short cut you get yelled at like a child. For me to register my two youngest it took over 3 hours because they only allow two parents in at a time, then on meet the teacher day my daughter was not even registered for any class yet. So I had to wait in like for over 30 minutes to talk to the principal who put my child in a overly full class. My daughter got attached to the teacher and then they moved her to a different class. And she is still not fully in their system. Safety is what they preach but you can walk right on campus without even worrying about staff stopping you. I think it would be more common sense to only allow parents in from the front of the school where the office is and not the back. Only thing I like is my daughters teachers.Avoid this school as much as possible until they get a better administrative staff

Posted July 21, 2014
This school is horrible. My daughter went to this school her first grade year and she had two teachers that year. The first teacher up and left they had a substitute for a month. They lost my daughter three times at this school pointing her to the wrong daycare vans and sending her to thee after school program.The principal herself sent my daughter off on the bus without calling me. I would never put her or any of my other kids there if it was my last option.

Helen Cordero Primary School 5

Posted November 07, 2012
I love this school! Teachers are very hard workers and are very into our kids education!!!

Posted February 22, 2011
Ever since Helen Cordero separated from Edward Gonzales, the Administrative staff has been NOTHING but problems! For this school being only yards away from its sister school, there is a world of difference (and NOT a positive diffference). Principals arbitrarily make decisions regarding discipline. Principals refuse to handle contact with parents through to completion when issues do arise. Horrible school. I wish it never had separated from Edward Gonzales.

Helen Cordero Primary School 4

Posted November 30, 2010
My child is a very active and he really enjoys school. This is his first year at this school and I see improvements in his behavior and his learning. I really enjoy the fact that they expect parents to do their part and that they concentrate on making it a co-op effort between the parents and teachers. Honestly I didn't expect to like this school due to what I have heard, but I really love it!!! My son Loves it and his teacher. The way they work the drop off and pick up in the morning could be improved upon but other than that I have no complaints!!!!

Posted October 25, 2010
My son attended this school for less then 1 academic year. If you are thinking of enrolling your child in this school, I would highly recommend looking elsewhere! They are not focused on the academics, well-being, or the school environment of the students. I found that the priorities of this school were not focused correctly on things that should be of higher importance. Furthermore, unfortunately there are things going on in this K-2nd grade school that children of these ages should not even be exposed to muchless have knowledge of at that age. Due to some very disturbing incidents we were forced to unenroll our child out of this school. When I spoke with the teachers about the incidents, their comments were they were not suprised & they were aware of the big issues that were going on at the school. Keep in mind if you're considering this school.

Helen Cordero Primary School
8800 Eucariz SE, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Helen Cordero Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Helen Cordero Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top