Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

North Valley Academy 5

Posted January 29, 2016
Very Good school! The administrative staff are very competent and courteous. Some of the teachers are excellent, some need to work on their styles and demeanor towards parents and students alike, just like any other school. Our child is learning a lot and after all that's crucial. As a whole, we feel they put forth tremendous effort and we give them an A....

North Valley Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 03, 2015
Mr. Cameron is a very nice person and exelent teacher. He provide a lot of help to my son.

Posted December 03, 2015
I like this school because have very good programs to special education and very fríenly staff

Posted March 11, 2015
Being involved has been crucial for my daughter's success at NVA. They have gone through changes and turmoil like all school do, but it is now settled and teachers couldn't be better. Teachers are caring, and concerned with the improvement of my child.

North Valley Academy 1

Posted March 02, 2015
My sons teacher this year was outstanding. She seemed to love teaching and wanted the best for her students. Now the other side.... My son was injured very badly by a student from the school. It was found that the other student had been pushing many students as they tried to get on a slide. He injured my son so bad that two months later we are still going to doctors appointment for the injury. As this was a physical attack it would seem that there would have been some type of discipline but the only discipline was that the student sat in the principles office for one day. As this wasn't any form of discipline I'm sure this type of behavior from this student will continue. The principal seemed very unconcerned that this was a physical attack and pretty much brushed it aside as not very important. I find this attitude from the Head in this school, beyond incomprehensible. I have since removed my son from the school. I have no intention of allowing him to get physically injured again since I can see that the administration has no problem with physical abuse and bad behavior from students. I would definitely not recommend this school. --March 2, 2015

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughters have attended NVA for the past 4 years and while the administration has had some kinks to work out, the thing I absolutely love about NVA is the teachers. I have never had a bad experience with my girls and their teachers. There has been a recent change in NVA's leadership, yet again, but I believe this time it is for the better and we can put that all behind us and school will be as wonderful for us parents as it is for our children.

North Valley Academy
7939 4th St NW, Albuquerque, NM  87114
Last modified North Valley Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.