Bad
Good

The information listed here is very old. Nex+Gen Academy serves grades 9 through 12 and they currently enroll much more than what's stated here. The teachers are awesome- very caring, and there's a high concentration of National Board Certified instructors. Also, the school culture is very positive and safe. The environment is open and modern. A large "geeky" population (including my son, who feels at home here)

This is a PBL school, meaning we study through Project Based Learning. It's a fun if stressful experience. But even with all the stress, I've found that I've learned more at this school, then I ever realized. It sometimes feels like the work we do is pointless and unneeded. But when I take tests or have conversations with my friends from other schools, I realize that I know learned more then them even as we were studying the same topics in school. The teachers are all amazing people who treat there students as equals and friends, and fellow students in my grade level are amazing. Though, I noticed a separation between grade levels, I've also found that each grade level works amazingly well together because we learn each others talents and weaknesses, and how to best use them for our projects. We learn how to work as a group and how to deal with people who don't work as well as making sure every one who dose a fair share of work focusing on their talents. It is a truly unique and interesting school.

Last modified Nex Gen Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.