Bad
Good

A safe and small setting charter school. If you are interested in STEM education for your child, this is the right address.

My children haven been attending the school for 4 years now. Both of them are 2 grades above in Reading and in Math. They are honor roll students. The administration provides great support for the children as well as families. I would recommend this school.

This is a very strict school with zero tolerance for mischief. My son found this school to be boring with no stimulation whatsoever, no windows to look out, no fresh air, filthy parking lot, strict stuffy teachers with poor English skills, and two principles that act like they are running a military school. I have the impression that they would like this to be an all Turkish/Arab setting. My son cried every day and did not want to go to school, I placed him in another charter school and he is now thriving and happy to go to school every morning. This school was a complete waste of time.

My son has attended Albuquerque School of Excellence for 3 years. It is a wonderful school, with a lot to offer students academically with great extracurricular activities. Yes, it is strict, but fair.

This school offers a safe environment for students that enjoy learning. The staff is dedicated to higher thinking skills in all grades. I personally challenge my students daily and have high expectation. My goal is to help prepare them for future learning and their careers. The students and staff are happy working together to create goal oriented learners.

Very good school my son is in 1 st grade and he has improved already there in study than before

I do not recommend this school, principal never listen to parents. Women teachers get frustrated because is a Turkish man managed school. They have a directorship style, detentions for every thing, rules for everything. Most of the credit they get is because of a few kids that win in Mathcount, Science Fair, robotics, art, etc. But overall, I am very disappointed after 4 years. Good students move from the school as soon as they can and their parents find that the school was not what they were expecting.

My children attended ASE for 2 years while we were still stationed at New Mexico. It's a very small school with a small student body, but that is because it's a fairly new one. They are very attuned to their students and guide them academically. Yes, most teachers are very strict but only because they want their students to succeed. My kids are always getting rewarded for getting all A's. No, they are not "puffed-up or unearned" grades either (as one parent mentioned), because my kids do as well in other states that we move to/from. They actually EARN those grades and ASE gives out awards every quarter for a job well-done. The teachers here are also pretty good about emailing me about my kid's grades, behavior, or just about any updates. This school strongly encourage parent involvement. My family LOVES all the competition, bees, fairs, etc that the school participate in and encourage the children to join. My son still talks about this school even if we have moved a thousand miles away already :)

This is a great charter school doing excellent job even though it has been recently founded in 2009. Its students are getting the top scores/ranks in science, STEM and other competitions in the state already. Also, it has great location near Tramway and Lomas. By the way, the correct address for this school is 13201 Lomas Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87112. This can be verified from the school's website: http://www.abqse.org

If I could give 0 stars I would. A very disturbing atmosphere with racism and puffed up unearned grades. kids are sad and bullying is ignored and although they market it as a non bullying school they don't acknowledge any complaints and target anyone who complains. feels like the twilight zone.

Last modified Abq School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades 1-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.