Public charter
Albuquerque, NM

Posted April 26, 2015
My children haven been attending the school for 4 years now. Both of them are 2 grades above in Reading and in Math. They are honor roll students. The administration provides great support for the children as well as families. I would recommend this school.

Abq School Of Excellence 1

Posted April 24, 2015
This is a very strict school with zero tolerance for mischief. My son found this school to be boring with no stimulation whatsoever, no windows to look out, no fresh air, filthy parking lot, strict stuffy teachers with poor English skills, and two principles that act like they are running a military school. I have the impression that they would like this to be an all Turkish/Arab setting. My son cried every day and did not want to go to school, I placed him in another charter school and he is now thriving and happy to go to school every morning. This school was a complete waste of time.

Posted April 22, 2015
My son has attended Albuquerque School of Excellence for 3 years. It is a wonderful school, with a lot to offer students academically with great extracurricular activities. Yes, it is strict, but fair.

Posted April 22, 2015
This school offers a safe environment for students that enjoy learning. The staff is dedicated to higher thinking skills in all grades. I personally challenge my students daily and have high expectation. My goal is to help prepare them for future learning and their careers. The students and staff are happy working together to create goal oriented learners.

Posted November 16, 2014
Very good school my son is in 1 st grade and he has improved already there in study than before

Abq School Of Excellence 2

Posted October 15, 2014
I do not recommend this school, principal never listen to parents. Women teachers get frustrated because is a Turkish man managed school. They have a directorship style, detentions for every thing, rules for everything. Most of the credit they get is because of a few kids that win in Mathcount, Science Fair, robotics, art, etc. But overall, I am very disappointed after 4 years. Good students move from the school as soon as they can and their parents find that the school was not what they were expecting.

Posted August 13, 2014
My children attended ASE for 2 years while we were still stationed at New Mexico. It's a very small school with a small student body, but that is because it's a fairly new one. They are very attuned to their students and guide them academically. Yes, most teachers are very strict but only because they want their students to succeed. My kids are always getting rewarded for getting all A's. No, they are not "puffed-up or unearned" grades either (as one parent mentioned), because my kids do as well in other states that we move to/from. They actually EARN those grades and ASE gives out awards every quarter for a job well-done. The teachers here are also pretty good about emailing me about my kid's grades, behavior, or just about any updates. This school strongly encourage parent involvement. My family LOVES all the competition, bees, fairs, etc that the school participate in and encourage the children to join. My son still talks about this school even if we have moved a thousand miles away already :)

Posted May 20, 2014
This is a great charter school doing excellent job even though it has been recently founded in 2009. Its students are getting the top scores/ranks in science, STEM and other competitions in the state already. Also, it has great location near Tramway and Lomas. By the way, the correct address for this school is 13201 Lomas Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87112. This can be verified from the school's website: http://www.abqse.org

Abq School Of Excellence 1

Posted April 12, 2014
If I could give 0 stars I would. A very disturbing atmosphere with racism and puffed up unearned grades. kids are sad and bullying is ignored and although they market it as a non bullying school they don't acknowledge any complaints and target anyone who complains. feels like the twilight zone.

Posted February 25, 2014
The phone number listed is incorrect. the correct number for the school is: (505) 312-7703

Abq School Of Excellence
13201 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Abq School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades 1-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abq School Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top