Albuquerque, NM
Students enrolled: 1,602

Albuquerque High School 5

Posted June 14, 2010
Albuquerque High School has not only prepared me for college but it has also prepared me for life. AHS has a countless number of clubs and organizations that encourage students to reach for the impossible. AHS has excellent academies such as the Fine Arts Academy and the Business adn Leadership Academy. AHS is also known for its great school spirit, tradition and academic excellence. I'm very proud to say that I am a graduate from Albuquerque High School, the oldest high school in the state of New Mexico.

Albuquerque High School 5

Posted August 31, 2009
Most of the complaints that people tend to have about Albuquerque High School refers to the education the students recieve. I am currenty a junior & I can honestly say, I've learned a lot more than I would have been able to learn at any other school. Not only in academics, but moral values, life lessons, etc. through the dedicated, open-minded, VERY diverse teachers & students. As at any school, there are always teachers who aren't as involved & dedicated to their students, they 'don't seem to care', but you will find those types of teachers at any school. If your child is takes the right classes & is TRULY interested, they'll do good anywhere, regardless of test scores & OPINIONS. One example shouldn't reflect everyone. People are allowed express individualism & I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but the HOME of the Bulldogs, where it feels like family.

Posted March 06, 2009
My daughter is a sophmore at AHS and has loved her experience there. She is excelling academically and feels safe and embraced by the AHS community. There are teachers who genuinely care about the students and her counselor is exceptional. We chose AHS because of the sense of community and tradition and high level of diversity.

Posted August 14, 2007
I am a proud parent of AHS. My daughter is doing well in this school. The parents that are involved work well together. This is our second year and she is a varsity cheerleader with a B average grade. This year we have a new principal that seems very excited to be there.

Albuquerque High School 1

Posted January 29, 2007
Albuquerque High's teachers are mediocre at best. My child has learned little, and the test scores are surprising, considering how little is actually learned within the school.

Albuquerque High School 2

Posted December 15, 2005
The teachers of Albuquerque High School appear to be sincere in their committment to the students obtaining a first rate education. However, the administrators are poor at best in their interest and commitment to the students. In my opinion the administrators are very selfish people.

Posted December 05, 2005
My daughter is graduating in 2006 from Albu. HS and has done well. She had smaller classes, took AP classes and loved her teachers, and is involved in senate and many of its activities. She did not do sports. She feels like the kids are united in their diversity and are proud of it. She gets challenged and would not return to the private school she left in 10th grade....it was too much attitude and snobby (students). She is top of her class, so I am proud to recommend AHS and it's principle, Linda Sink.

Posted October 27, 2004
I know that this is for parents but my parents are not really involved anymore. I am a sr. from Ohio. This school is the only reason I can stand it here in this state. I have teachers who i can tell love their jobs, and because they love their jobs they love their students. They are carring, and concerned when a student don't show up to class, they go over things again even if it is only one student who doesn't understand. All of the teachers I have are like this. At this school the students are so diverse that you have no clue where anyone is from. For the most part the students are respectable. The criteria in this school is high, it is easy to get behind but the teachers are always there. This school is a wonderful place to send your student. I love it.

Albuquerque High School
800 Odelia Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM  87102
Last modified Albuquerque High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albuquerque High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top