Bad
Good

There are way too many children in one class. My child is in 3rd grade now and she has 29 other kids in her class. Unfortunately that is way to many kids in one classroom. Some of the teachers are great but they can not teach that many kids without leaving the ones at the top behind.

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are the best of the best. We couldn't ask for any better.

My child has had a wonderful year at Armijo. Both of his teachers have been supportive. I feel that the principal does make an effort to be at school functions and greet parents. There is also an effort to let students shine. It is difficult for any administrator when they and the teachers are being held accountable for a school's success or failure. I think that this can lead to a very stressful work environment and this is taking place in schools all over America thanks to 'No Child Left Behind. Parents should also be held responsible as children begin their life of learning at home. I have noticed teacher turnover, but there are also a lot of veteran teachers who have stayed with Armijo for a long time. I'm sorry, but the comments posted prior to this seem to be principal bashing at its best.

My children have been at Armijo for several years now. I have noticed that many teachers leave the school after teaching there one or two years. I am puzzled. This is not good for my children. I wonder why teachers are leaving. The teachers are excellent human beings. The office staff is not pleasant. They do not transfer calls to teachers. I have difficulty communicating with my children's teachers because of this. The principal claims to have an open door policy. I have not been able to see her when I have needed to. I am giving the school one more year to keep it's teachers. I would hate to take my children out of district.

Last modified Armijo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.