Albuquerque, NM

Arroyo Del Oso Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2013
By "Process" I mean dicipline, interaction, empathy, concern" Intimidation and fear are the tools he uses to scare straight students even in kindergarten. True

Posted August 01, 2012
We have had a great experience at Arroyo Del Oso. They teach the value of being "Responsible-Respectful-Caring and Safe"

Posted July 25, 2012
ADO is an awesome school with an outstanding staff whose principal has recently retired. It has come to our attention that our new principal was originally transferred to Mission Avenue, but was rejected by their pta and staff. If he wasn't fit to lead Mission Avenue, why is he being transferred to ADO? Just wondering about the judgement of APS officials.

Posted October 05, 2009
Arroyo Del Oso is the best Elementary School in Albuquerque. They love and care for our children like they were their own. Everyone from the principal down to the cafeteria staff are awesome! My two children have thrived there. My oldest has moved on to middle school now, but still loves going there to get his little brother because he misses it soooo much. I have been involved in the PTA there for 4 years and it is an amazing experience that I will never forget. We include every child and their family.

Posted October 05, 2009
Both of my girls attend Arroyo Del Oso and it is an awesome school! There is a lot of parent-involvement and the PTA does a wonderful job organizing events. The principal and the staff really care for each individual child and are just outstanding! I could not ask for a better school.

Posted September 17, 2009
I feel that they have a very positive attitude in teaching and helping the children learn!

Posted September 13, 2009
What I love most is that we still have an elementary school that uses its head. The kids STILL get recess, kids can ride their bikes to school, kids can walk home from school without an adult hovering over them. The skills they allow my children to develop by letting them do this are priceless. The teachers are wonderful, the principle is one of the top in the nation (yes, she is, literally... won an award for it, too), and the above-and-beyond mentality of everyone there is just phenomenal. Thank goodness for ADO!!

Posted September 12, 2008
I have had my kids at ADO for 4 years now. I have found the PTA to be a great resources for families and teachers. I am very pleased with the leadership and all of the teachers dedication.

Posted November 24, 2005
I love ADO! We moved out of the district 3 years ago, but have sent our kids back because we love it so much. They have a great academic program, including pull out enrichment classes for gifted children. But what I really appreciate about the school is that all the faculty work together to improve the literacy of their students. They are constantly encouraging reading. They also have excellent behavior and character programs. They encourage the students who are doing well to keep up the good work, and they help those that need it to make better choices. I am very pleased with Arroyo del Oso.

Posted June 26, 2004
2 of my children attended school here and we will soon send our 3rd. We have put off moving so that our 3rd child can attend arroyo. It is such a wonderful and loving place. I cant say enough about everyone there. My children have gained so much being students. They hated to miss any school and mt oldest cried his last day this year because next year he will be attending middle school.

6504 Harper NE, Albuquerque, NM  87109
Last modified Arroyo Del Oso Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Del Oso Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top