Bandelier Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2014
The school office staff is very unprofessional, even rude, and seem to have difficulty following simple instructions.

Posted August 21, 2014
This school is the BEST! The teachers truly care and Glenda Armstrong is such a capable leader.

Posted July 31, 2013
I'm now going to 7th grade but this was the best elementary school I've ever went to put of the 3. I attented this school for kindergarten through 3rd grade. I made some really close friends at this school. The kids are friendly and definitely the teachers. The lunch was delicious. The playgrounds were so much fun because there's two of them! (Sand and grass) I had outstanding report cards thanks to all my teachers!

Bandelier Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2012
What a wonderful, nurturing school. We, parents, are fortunate to have AMAZING teachers work daily with our two children and soon third. However, because of various reasons, I believe, the school has some classrooms that are not as challenging or as engaged as others. The experience, from the parents' side, is "hit or miss", an inconsistency of quality of teachers from year to year. It is apparent to those parents, who are extremely well informed, which teachers are excellent in each year. However, unfair to those parents who may be less in the "know" there some less than enthusiastic teachers that are part of the school as well. The principal is very caring and we appreciate her attention to many details. However, her attention to minutia and details do not help her to see a strategic vision for the school nor help her to implement and work on larger changes or issues. Transparency for information, whether good or not so good, is always helpful to parents. She is not forthcoming with challenging information and will bog us many times down with too much detail. Leadership means having to do and say things in a timely way that is sometimes difficult.

Posted March 04, 2012
As an educator, I find this school to be an excellent place in which to work. Staff cohesiveness is strong, exceeding that of many comparable schools that struggle to create unity in their vision to meet the needs of the students. The principal is a team player who supports all staff and welcomes democratic processes that create a collaborative system in which all interested players have a hand. Parental involvement at Bandelier outstrips most other schools, with dedicated parents who put their thoughts and ideas into action through advocacy and participation. The Banda Bear community makes this a well-rounded school of high quality.

Bandelier Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2012
It really depends on your childs activeness in school. My daughter is in the Gifted program and is overjoyed, Ms.Serafin is by far the best teacher my daughter's ever had! But, my son and youngest daughter are having some amount of trouble keeping up in class. So I would like to see some confidence put back in them for education.

Posted February 06, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten now with Ms. Lea and she is truly remarkable. The facilities are great, the PTA is strong and the long time traditions such as the Halloween Carnival add so much to our experience. The most remarkable thing about this school, though, is the strong sense of community amongst the families. We have made fast friends here and we are very glad to be part of the Bandy community.

Posted June 02, 2011
absuloutly awsome. the teachers are great and the students are competitive and thrive for their goals.

Posted April 28, 2010
The current principal has been in the position at least three years and before that served as interim principal and assistant principal. Are you sure you have the correct information and school? I believe her leadership is strong and she has been responsive to my concerns.

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers, students and parents are wonderful- but the new principal is not responsive to parents (is she to teachers?) and her leadership is non existent. We have to do something about it.

Bandelier Elementary School
3309 Pershing SE, Albuquerque, NM  87106
Last modified Bandelier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bandelier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top