Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Contacted the previous principal about my child being bullied. The situation was addressed with the child and his parents.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Previous principal retired and the new principal did not seem to connect with the parents or children. Since 2016, there is an interim principal who seems to be a better fit.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Great inclusive community teaching kids to follow the Banda Bear pledge.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers are engaged and care about the well being of the kids.

I requested a transfer to Bandelier because of the wonderful reputation it has. We are very happy that we did! All three of my children are currently there and have been there since Kindergarten. For the most part we have had wonderful experiences with their teachers and most of them really engaged. The parent involvement is top notch and you get a great sense of community there! We will be so sad to go when my youngest move on to middle school in a couple of years.

I have one graduate from Bandelier and two that are still attending. The whole family has had an amazing experience at Bandelier. I have been a Banda Parent for the past 8 years. The community of parents, teachers, staff, neighbors, local businesses and graduates of Bandelier is amazing! There is never ending support, thoughtful smart students, amazing certified teachers, kind staff. There is a real sense of being at "home" and "belonging" at Bandelier. I have been more than impressed with this school. I am thrilled that my husband and I made a choice to transfer in to this amazing school.

I couldn't ask for a better educational experience for my daughter. She has always been in small classes and 3 out of 4 years she has had a nationally board certified teacher. There's a strong community of parents and alumni surrounding the school and supporting it. The school offers art, music, a fantastic PE program and lots of after school clubs and activities in areas as diverse as chess, cooking, legos and theater. In short, Bandelier is a great place for kids.

The teachers are excellent! The principal & office staff aren't the best, but the teachers make up for it!

Our two older students are now in middle school and we have one elementary child at this school.We have always loved this school and our children have had many wonderful learning experiences. There is a new principal as of the 2015-2016 school year. There is an insincere edgy quality to this person, and the school climate seems to be in jeopardy. I think a lot of the excellent teachers will be driven away by that. This is so unfortunate. Wise leadership makes all the difference.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are role models for these attributes and expect the same in their classrooms. The student assemblies support and celebrate character excellence.

Last modified Bandelier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.