Posted August 12, 2014
2012-2013 & 2013-2014 school years There is a mix of good and bad teachers but mostly bad. There is little to NO learning being done because of the class sizes, leadership and curriculum ( which teachers dislike, don't even understand and those who do have trouble explaining it). Most of the classes are out of control and by the time the teachers start to teach there is no time left. The recesses are poorly supervised. They have little to no time to finish their food during lunch time because they are rushed outside. The PE coach was great but has now retired. The GYM & class sizes is a sad excuse for the amount of children that attend. Principal is horrible and has no concern for student education, safety or anything else but herself. She is not respected by her staff or students because of her lack of leadership skills. She does not consider a child being verbally or physically attacked on a daily basis getting bullied (she thinks it's the one getting attacked fault). Kids have brought weapons and drugs to this school but have had nothing done to them. Reporting from students, teachers & parents is ignored by her. This school need new leadership or there is no chance for it.

Bel-Air Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2011
I love this community so much that I have been willing to stick it out with a ridiculous principal turn over rate. The majority of the staff want great things for this school. Please help us by committing to Bel Air your time and effort. We need parents and grandparents, aunties and uncles to be a part of the solution not just gripe about things that ARE fixable. We are a small school. Bel Air is not the only elementary struggling with teacher student ratios. No one gets aids anymore in 1st grade. I love this school and am not afraid to see if become a truly great school, but, we need help. This year I will be laying out hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars to ensure your child has an engaging, well planned environment designed to make learning natural and accessible. I can't wait!

Bel-Air Elementary School 3

Posted June 19, 2011
my daughter has been at this school for 3 yrs now, I feel that this school has improved, but not enough to keep my daughter there for the next two yrs... I feel the teachers have too many students in the classrooms and the students do not get the much needed one on one attention they deserve.

Bel-Air Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
My son is in 1st grade and this is his second year this school is sooo much better than last year. The principal is great and really cares for the kids not just the bottom line. The teachers seem to get along better and don't seem to be so stressed it's all great!

Posted March 25, 2010
The school this year has shown so much growth. Teachers and students are more caring and show more interest in their jobs. The principal finally knows how to run a school and will call you back which is a first. Other support staff is wonderful and is more than willing to help. It is wonderful to see this school turn around.

Posted August 22, 2009
The beginning of the2009-2010 school year has been fantastic. We have an amazing new principal who has the knowledge, experience and heart. Her leadership qualities will make us an even stronger school.

Posted August 06, 2009
The new principal is wonderful. It seems as though she has turned the school around in a month. I've noticed so many positive changes and I'm looking forward to the 2009-2010 school year.

Posted March 24, 2009

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted August 07, 2008
I have been a part of this school for quite sometime now . And my main concern is the attitude of the new principle she has taken away lots of things from our students that they have really worked hard and looked forward to these perks of going to school . However I have chosen to take my children else where this 08-09 school year due to having her as our principle this year ! I think the school has really went down hill since she started running it .

Bel-Air Elementary School
4725 Candelaria NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Bel-Air Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bel-Air Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.