Bad
Good

Horrible school!!! First of all at registration, I was never asked for shot records, proof of recidence and my kids student transcripts were never requested from Rio Rancho Public Schools. My kids were assigned teaches on the morning of the first day of school! Throwing them in ANY class. One of my kids has been moved 3 times in less than a month! When I called to complain because no one ever returned my call. No one took responsibility and they could not tell me what class my child was in! I didn't know the teachers name because they had just moved my child the day prior. Ridiculous!!! I have decided to take my kids out of this horrible situation by taking them out of APS. I now understand why APS is always on the news. I feel bad for the children who have no option but to stay in that environment. I believe that our children are a product of their environment and we the adults have the responsibility to provide them with the proper environment to have the option to become great knowledgeable successful adults. It is unfair for educators to not take a child's education seriously. I am saddened by the odds that face the children we leave behind.

This school is wonderful. Carlos Rey has a caring staff that pays close attention to its students and their educational needs. They offer many programs to provide learning opportunities in every subject of education. My son has improved greatly in his reading and comprehension skills thanks to the teachers and the testing they require. My son was placed in a program called Title 1 that focused on his reading and he has more than tripled his grade. Thanks Carlos Rey!!

This school is terrible!!! The principal is a bully! The teachers seem like they hate their jobs. They never return any phone calls and there has been numerous times that I show up for meetings and teachers have forgotten about it or cancelled the meeting and forget to let you know. The teachers are very negative with the children and never give them praise or encouragement.

My youngest child left Carlos Rey this year. This school has no programs for non-Hispanic children. It is my opinion that this school is neglected and neglectful. The principle was at best a bully. This school is in desperate need of change. If I had it to do again I would have bought a house in another area rather than subject my kids to this school again

Posted December 4, 2008 Report it This school is far from a 'Great School' on so many levels. The programs are remedial at best and there is no challenge for the children. The teachers seem disinterested and the principal runs it like a baron. There is little structure and certainly nothing that makes it stand out other than the break-ins and graffiti it suffers on a regular basis. I'm trying to get my kid to a charter school where people actual care as much as I do about my child's education. Submitted by a parent Write your own review

My student has attended Carlos Rey since kindergarten. I have gotten to know, both the Principal & Vice Principal. My son continued from Kindergarten until 5th grade. This school was not our residential district, but did everything to keep him at this school, because I saw the good programs offered in the school and because of this administration. I know they go over and beyond their job description & want the best for our children. Mrs. Touloumis has our children's best interest at heart and does a job that 99% of people would never do; not even to mention the minimal pay she receives. I am proud of the work this Administration puts in welcoming parents, quality programs, services & teachers they ensure work at our school! My son is happy at Carlos Rey & I highly commend this administration! Anyone who says different is ignorant of our real school!

Last modified Carlos Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.