Chelwood Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
Last year my daughter was touched in a personal place by a boy in her class. The counselor was great in calling me right away, but I wish I could say something good about the principal. I requested a meeting between the principal and I to discuss a plan of action. She said she couldn't meet with me for 2 WEEKS!!! The day of the meeting, she was unprepared, and had no idea what my daughter even looked like. Outcome? She didn't have any kind of outline or plan, didn't want to move either my daughter or the other boy to a different classroom, and she didn't even suspend the boy! Her solution was to tell the boy that he was not allowed to talk to my daughter. Other than that, my daughter has always been ahead of most students and now shes not even at her grade level. She is not learning much from her teachers, and hasn't come home with much guidelines for the curriculum. The staff really needs to get it together!

Posted March 31, 2010
5 star out 5. Is one of the best school in Albuquerque .Exelent teachers,good leadership.

Chelwood Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2010
This school is one of the worst schools I have ever seen. The students are not given homework or quizes and the class days are not very structured at all. There is hardly any parent participation at this school. The teachers we have met and worked with are uninterested in doing their jobs and helping the kids- it is so sad and very discouraging to both the parents and the kids. It has been one of the worst school experiences and hopefully next year we can transfer out.

Chelwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2009

Posted January 06, 2008
She went to a year round school and her grades dropped, here they rose again, and she enjoyed it!!!!! --Olivia

Chelwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2006
Chelwood Elementary was a great place for my son to grow. Ms. Tolle was a warm and caring person who helped my son acclimate to school and Mrs. Schmitt is a dream when it comes to good teachers. Mrs. Schmitt helped my unorganized son figure out how to

Chelwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2005
My experience with them was good the first year. My kindergardener was treated well, Ms. Howell was awsome, Ms. McCurley was awsome. Mr. Olmquist was great. Hope 1st grade will be good too!

Posted May 31, 2005
Our Granddaughter attended Chelwood for 2 years and we found the school to great ,her teachers were really very involved with all of their students.Courtney was on the Principal's honor roll 4 times this year,she made a lot of good friends,she's learned a lot about trust,responsibility,compassion and initiative.I volunteered for attendence so i was aware of all of the wonderful teachers,nurses,office personel and the volunteers.I would recomend this school to anyone with elementary age children. Gary and Jeannine Foreman

Posted May 27, 2004
Three of our children have attended Chelwood E.S. with much joy and we are pleased to report that they have all excelled in the areas of math, english, science, social skills and art. Our eldest will attend 5th grade in Fall '04 and this past year she has been awarded Honor Roll for three semesters (regardless of, or perhaps due to, having needed special attention in reading in her 1st grade year). This is only one example of the results parents will find at this school. These administrators and teachers are extreamly encouraging for both students and parents. The tone I have noticed is, the more parents are involved the better for all. I am a full time student and I work, so I am not able to assist much w/i the school, but it is such a blessing to be encouraged and welcome to visit at any time.

Chelwood Elementary School
12701 Constitutn NE, Albuquerque, NM  87112
Last modified Chelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chelwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top