Bad
Good

I have two kids in Chelwood and now have experience with 5 of the teachers and the principal. They have all been wonderful. Caring for both of my kids, willing to go above and beyond.

Last year my daughter was touched in a personal place by a boy in her class. The counselor was great in calling me right away, but I wish I could say something good about the principal. I requested a meeting between the principal and I to discuss a plan of action. She said she couldn't meet with me for 2 WEEKS!!! The day of the meeting, she was unprepared, and had no idea what my daughter even looked like. Outcome? She didn't have any kind of outline or plan, didn't want to move either my daughter or the other boy to a different classroom, and she didn't even suspend the boy! Her solution was to tell the boy that he was not allowed to talk to my daughter. Other than that, my daughter has always been ahead of most students and now shes not even at her grade level. She is not learning much from her teachers, and hasn't come home with much guidelines for the curriculum. The staff really needs to get it together!

5 star out 5. Is one of the best school in Albuquerque .Exelent teachers,good leadership.

This school is one of the worst schools I have ever seen. The students are not given homework or quizes and the class days are not very structured at all. There is hardly any parent participation at this school. The teachers we have met and worked with are uninterested in doing their jobs and helping the kids- it is so sad and very discouraging to both the parents and the kids. It has been one of the worst school experiences and hopefully next year we can transfer out.

She went to a year round school and her grades dropped, here they rose again, and she enjoyed it!!!!! --Olivia

Last modified Chelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.