Albuquerque, NM
Students enrolled: 1,875

Posted November 27, 2013
In three states and four high schools, Cibola was by far the very worst high school our child ever attended. To say that the teachers are centered around themselves rather than the students is an understatement. It is a school of the teachers, by the teachers, and for the teachers. Your student's education is far down on the list of school priorities. In fact, several teachers actually have a vested interest in your child failing. We could get absolutely no help for our child and ultimately pulled our child from the school. If you need a great high school near Albuquerque, move to Rio Rancho and attend Rio Rancho High School! Cibola is just another inner-city concrete prison, with the least caring administration we have ever encountered. If you send your child there, you do so at the risk of your child's education. If we could give this school and its teachers zero stars, we would.

Posted September 23, 2013
Terrible school. Other comment is correct...very teacher centered, rather than student centered. If you go to the staff with a concern, you will be made to feel like YOU are the one with the problem. Principal is rude. This school is overcrowded and the kids aren't welcoming to newcomers.

Posted December 22, 2012
Priorities are wrong...it is teacher centered rather than student centered. If your child has a learning disability or needs special help...don't expect much support.

Posted November 01, 2009

Posted July 22, 2009

Cibola High School 0

Posted July 21, 2009
Ny daughter graduated in 2008 and has gone on to be very successful in college. The teachers gave her every opportunity to advance and excell, but they also made her responsible for her own learning. What better way to help her succeed in@a the real world. Cibola Rocks!

Posted July 17, 2009
I went to Cibola all four years of high school and just graduated in 2008. Yes it does have its share of problems but it is was of the best schools you can go to. Most of the teachers care about their students, My senior year is the year that changed my life. My teachers helped me get my career started as a student teacher coming this fall. I hated school for the longest time but its because of my teachers that I stayed in school. I would pick Cibola for my kids to go to and I think you wont be disappointed.

Posted January 23, 2009

Cibola High School 2

Posted October 12, 2008
I attended Cibola High School, and even though I took honors and advanced classes I was still behind in many things when I attended college. The teachers do not focus on the things actually needed for college and later in life.

Posted July 17, 2008
This school provides your child with a great mix between school and sports. While it is large in numbers the opening of Valcano Vista should rduce the size of Cibola tremendously

Cibola High School
1510 Ellison Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM  87114
Last modified Cibola High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cibola High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top