Bad
Good

Posted December 11, 2015
So far I am really happy with this school. I email teachers about my son they r fast at responding and really there for the students. I really don't no y it's not rated higher . I've been to a few p.t.o meetings and from what I see the only issue is with truancy. But the teachers are great. Coach's are great . Very family like. I love this school.

Posted September 17, 2013
This school is great, whether it be the honors classes, the fine arts, or even regular education highly recommend this school. The teachers really take time to help the students and the administration is great. Also schoolpride is amazing and I bet we could beat any highschool in the spirit department... Go Go Knights!!!

Posted September 01, 2013
I really like this school. My teachers and other staff members are very nice. I really like their new buildings. I do not like the lunch room because the pizza is yuck and the tables are dirty. Why is this school rated 6? I want it to be 9 or 10

Posted February 28, 2011
Del Norte has a very diverse population of students, the principal, school leadership team, teachers/staff all strive to meet the needs of all students. They offer a wide variety of classes to meet the individual students needs (from non-english learners, special education to the community college to the college bound student) Parents are given every opportunity to become involved in the schools activities, from class offerings to sports etc., but way to many do not take the opportunity to. My child has done exceedlingly well and is very pleased with the majority of his teachers.

Posted September 29, 2009
My 9th grader , loved it the first day of school and doing very well .

Posted July 17, 2009
My daughter has really blossomed at this school. The student body is diverse, her teachers have been excellent and the counseling staff has been unbelievable. The track teams has also been great. It's the smallest high school in the city and it was just what my daughter needed. We transfered her from the largest in the city where she just was not doing well, academically or socially.

Posted January 09, 2008
Del Norte has been an excellent school for us. My son graduated in 2006 & I currently have a son who is the 10th grade. The teachers are excellent and the AP courses are wonderful. Every kind of level of student is helped and educated at this school. It is the most diverse school in Albuquerque. My son who is in college has said he was ready for college and all his peers due to the fact of DN being so diverse in student body. The sports are also there if you want to play and actually be part of a team. Go Knights!

Del Norte High School 3

Posted February 20, 2007
My sons experience at Del Norte 2 1/2yrs has been a sad one, some of the teachers here are great but others are really a sad story, when a teacher tells you 'no matter what you do you are going to fail'. It kind of makes you wonder if they know their job.? They have so many Subs here that students don't learn the assigned subjects, they don't need babysitters they need teachers. School spirit can be important I agree but lets get back to learning, high school is not just a place to spend 7 hours a day socializing with friends.Needless to say he has been put into another school now that concentrates on learning for the future. I mean come on, they are our Future!

Posted February 05, 2006
Academically the school is great. The population is small and it allows more one-on-one help. Sports and extracurricular activities that are available are wonderful and the teams give everyone a chance to show what they can do, not just play people who will win. Del Norte is so great with the different types of people hanging around one another and the parents are so helpful and devoted to their teenagers.

Posted September 01, 2003
I love the atmosphere at this school. The size and the students. It is like a home away from home. I feel just as safe at this school as I do at my own home. I know the school spirit is one of the best in America. It's just great and I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to have open minds and learn and have fun also while having a sense of security.

Del Norte High School
5323 Montgomery NE, Albuquerque, NM  87110
Last modified Del Norte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Norte High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top