Bad
Good

I have two kids that go to this school. I have never been happy with how the principal has ran this school. she has no clue what she is doing and can not handle tuff situations. this school has a bullying problem also. Out of the whole time my kids have gone to this school they have had only one anti bullying assembly. And that was two years ago. there are only a few teachers that I have noticed that are friendly. Not to many are. Also, I have a problem with my sons teacher this year to the point my son doesn't want to go to school. Another issue with this school is that there is not enough diversty in this school. It is just mostly mexican and latino kids. this could be one of the reasons why they have too much bullying going on. And if you ask about the bullying problem they will deny it Because they see only what they want. My kids will not return next year.

Our oldest is in 8th grade now and our youngest in her last year of the dual langugage program. Our experience has always been excellent. The quality of education continues to be above and beyond than we ever expected. I would recommend Dolores Gonzales Elementary to any parent who is interested in an excellent dual language program. Our children are fully bilingual and being bilingual has long term benefits. We have no regrets with the selection of Dolores Gonzales Elementary.

Excellent. My husband and I love Dolores Gonzales Elementary. The quality of teaching is outstanding in both English and Spanish languages. The principal is always highly involved in and sincerely concerned with everything that affects the children and the quality of their education and well-being. We researched all of our options when our daughter was approaching kindergarten age. We decided as a family that the dual language program at DGE was right for us. We primarily speak English at home with cultural roots in the Spanish language and really wanted to take advantage of this unique opportunity for our daughter to learn Spanish. It has been truly amazing to see her progress. She is now approaching the end of 6 years at DGE (K-5) and she is completely bilingual. We highly recommend this school.

Our school has a true sense of community! The parents, teachers & principle come together to meet each child's individual needs and make them feel special.

Our two children attend this school. We wanted this school for the dual language program, we fell in love with the teachers and staff. The principal is great and always open to talk to. Our children love this school. The school is very supportive with all the extra activities we have with our children. Even though the construction right now it doesnt make things convenient we are very excited about it because the school really needed it. We are always encoraged to volunteer at the school and very welcomed.

this school has been a big let down across the board .. i don't even like going there to pick up my son up.. none friendly with a chip on there shoulders staff & parents.. i have a full grown son at UNM , he went to monta vista elementary and sandia high those are great schools.. Dolores Gonzales is not even in the same league. i fell my son is being let down. i want to move him to a new school..

I like the size and the location of the school. There are two afterschool programs that serve the school (one at the school and another at a community center across the street). I feel that my son is very safe here. The playground is not the best but the facility inside is very good. Kindergarten has a stove, refrigerator and parents provided many nutritional snacks. 1st grade class had an unbelievable large screen computer that provided an fabulous learning tool for the class. The P&T Committee are a very hard working group that has done a wonderful job.

The teachers are awesome. My son's kinder teachers are awesome. Thank you so much for everything you do for our kid's.

I am happy with my daughter's exploration of Spanish. She is in the dual language program and comes home with new words all the time. Her first grade teacher, like the ones she had in Kinder, works hard. The staff is always helpful, and Mrs. Ortiz, the principal, is never too busy to hear a parent or student out. The only thing that the school might be lacking is extracurricular activities for kids of my girl's age. But I have actually recommended to school to my parent friends.

I think Dolores Gonzales is a wonderful school. My son has been in the dual language program and is doing very well. He is in second grade and has had very support and wonderful teachers. We are active with the school and participate in Math Night and Science Night. Dora is a very kind and caring principle.

Last modified Dolores Gonzales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.