Posted April 30, 2014
Our oldest is in 8th grade now and our youngest in her last year of the dual langugage program. Our experience has always been excellent. The quality of education continues to be above and beyond than we ever expected. I would recommend Dolores Gonzales Elementary to any parent who is interested in an excellent dual language program. Our children are fully bilingual and being bilingual has long term benefits. We have no regrets with the selection of Dolores Gonzales Elementary.

Posted April 29, 2014
Excellent. My husband and I love Dolores Gonzales Elementary. The quality of teaching is outstanding in both English and Spanish languages. The principal is always highly involved in and sincerely concerned with everything that affects the children and the quality of their education and well-being. We researched all of our options when our daughter was approaching kindergarten age. We decided as a family that the dual language program at DGE was right for us. We primarily speak English at home with cultural roots in the Spanish language and really wanted to take advantage of this unique opportunity for our daughter to learn Spanish. It has been truly amazing to see her progress. She is now approaching the end of 6 years at DGE (K-5) and she is completely bilingual. We highly recommend this school.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our school has a true sense of community! The parents, teachers & principle come together to meet each child's individual needs and make them feel special.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our two children attend this school. We wanted this school for the dual language program, we fell in love with the teachers and staff. The principal is great and always open to talk to. Our children love this school. The school is very supportive with all the extra activities we have with our children. Even though the construction right now it doesnt make things convenient we are very excited about it because the school really needed it. We are always encoraged to volunteer at the school and very welcomed.

Dolores Gonzales Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2012
this school has been a big let down across the board .. i don't even like going there to pick up my son up.. none friendly with a chip on there shoulders staff & parents.. i have a full grown son at UNM , he went to monta vista elementary and sandia high those are great schools.. Dolores Gonzales is not even in the same league. i fell my son is being let down. i want to move him to a new school..

Posted July 18, 2011
I like the size and the location of the school. There are two afterschool programs that serve the school (one at the school and another at a community center across the street). I feel that my son is very safe here. The playground is not the best but the facility inside is very good. Kindergarten has a stove, refrigerator and parents provided many nutritional snacks. 1st grade class had an unbelievable large screen computer that provided an fabulous learning tool for the class. The P&T Committee are a very hard working group that has done a wonderful job.

Dolores Gonzales Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2010
The teachers are awesome. My son's kinder teachers are awesome. Thank you so much for everything you do for our kid's.

Posted March 24, 2010
I am happy with my daughter's exploration of Spanish. She is in the dual language program and comes home with new words all the time. Her first grade teacher, like the ones she had in Kinder, works hard. The staff is always helpful, and Mrs. Ortiz, the principal, is never too busy to hear a parent or student out. The only thing that the school might be lacking is extracurricular activities for kids of my girl's age. But I have actually recommended to school to my parent friends.

Posted October 27, 2009
I think Dolores Gonzales is a wonderful school. My son has been in the dual language program and is doing very well. He is in second grade and has had very support and wonderful teachers. We are active with the school and participate in Math Night and Science Night. Dora is a very kind and caring principle.

Posted May 21, 2009

Dolores Gonzales Elementary School
900 Atlantic SW, Albuquerque, NM  87102
Last modified Dolores Gonzales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dolores Gonzales Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.