Eisenhower Middle School 5

Posted December 17, 2014
My daughter is in 7th grade. I was concerned about the previous principal but the current oe seems very good. Like any school they will all have imperfections but overall I have seen both my nephews nowi college have great educations and experiences and now my daughter. Mind you all three were and are involved in activities, Band or soccer or choir. I think the teachers make it both challenging and accommodating. I was worried when we foirst sent my daughter. The student body it about 900. From what I can tell and I think I am very intuned with the students of all the middle schools in ABQ this is our first choice.

Eisenhower Middle School 2

Posted February 18, 2014
I am not exactly sure how this school ranks a 10. The teachers won't talk to the parents except notes by computer. There are a lot of fights and bullying at this school. Had I known better I would have transferred or used private school. Still waiting for the new Principal to make a difference, but not looking like that is going to happen. Really sad for the kids, no one cares

Posted November 06, 2013
Having my children enrolled in Eisenhower has not been a good experience. The administration spends the majority of their time avoiding the parents. The respond negatively to any request from the parent. I have read that at APS the parent should be treated as an equal partner in their child's education; however, I am continually treated with an adversarial attitude in all contacts with the administration. There are some excellent teachers at Eisenhower, but heaven help you if you get a poor teacher because the administration will not help you. This year I have had a few teachers refuse to move my son closer to the teachers desk. I told them that he learns and performs better when he is closer to the teacher. One teacher told me that I would have go through the administration and have them force her to do so. I guess that successfully educating my child is unimportant. She spent more time and energy making sure not to accommodate my child that what it would have taken to move him close to her desk. I am confused by the attitudes of some instructors and the administration, is the goal to provide successful education to all children at Eisenhower? Apparently not.

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughter has had a good experience at Eisenhower. I have had good experience, in general, with the staff there. I do know that there is a high incident of fights and bullying though. Fortunately we have not encountered that and I can't address some of the previous post. My only complaint would be the accuracy of the website information and how frequently grades are updated.

Posted April 08, 2013
Overall, I have been very pleased with the school and most of the staff. I have two daughters there and both have had great experiences. They are both challenged and pushed to do well. The only department that is lacking is their math department. They assume that because your child is in the higher math, that they understand everything, but they don't actually teach the math. My daughters come home frustrated because they aren't taught the concepts. They look forward to substitutes because they know that they have a chance to actually learn the material. Other than that - we love the school.

Eisenhower Middle School 5

Posted May 28, 2012
Our son had a good middle school passage here. In 7th grade he was challenged and frustrated, but that is part of growing up. He soared in 8th grade, despite having a spectrum of issues associated with his Tourette Syndrome. There are many new teachers at this school and most of the experienced ones have knitted together with the new teachers in teams that support students effectively, in spite of the size of the school. The PTA is active and worth getting involved in. They support supplemental academic programs that help at-risk students make dramatic gains, catching up to grade level in math and reading as well. The principal shows up at nearly every academic and arts special event possible.

Posted May 27, 2012
Both of my children went to this school. Both had very different but horrible experiences. When we tried to learn what was going on in this school or stand up for our children the principal started to pick on them. Then the staff who were trying to work with our kids closed up and would not even return emails. We will be home schooling. Something I never thought we would do. I sure do hope the high school is better. I want to believe in the public school system. This school deserves less than a 1. How about a -5.

Posted February 08, 2012
I was shocked when I saw this school had a rating of 10!! That is not an accurate account of this school. My son went to this school for 1 very long year and I was very unsatisfied with just about everything. From the rude front office to the completely out of touch principal and vp. The majority of teachers act as if they don't even want to be there, let alone teach. It is a bad environment for your child when the worst bullies at the school is the faculty.

Posted October 30, 2011
Some uneveness in teacher quality, but overall pretty good. Band program is really good, as are other extracurricular activities. Pretty good science instruction. My main complaint is that the teachers seem a little over-worked, and homework is not always handed out promptly - probably a result of district cut backs forcing larger class room populations. Also, not all teachers understand that less can be more, some of the homework I see seems more like busy work.

Posted October 08, 2011
Terrible faculty. I can't necessarily speak for the teachers, but the Principal definitely does not know how to take care of her students. There is a child in the 6th grade, who is on special transfer because of his recent bad behavior at other schools. This child has bullied my younger brother around the whole school year, including a few other students. My brother has been suspended twice for standing up for himself. I can understand that to a degree, but the suspensions have been on the same level as what the bully has gotten. My family and others have contacted the school numerous times about the issues with this child, yet absolutely nothing has been done! Even the superintendent hasn't bothered to confront this issue. He has every single class with this child, and the school will not even budge on changing his schedule. The mother of this child is another story, but she has even threatened my brother, and had the cops involved in restraining her on school grounds because she was yelling obscenities at him. Save your child the pain and suffering, do NOT enroll them in this school.

Eisenhower Middle School
11001 Camero NE, Albuquerque, NM  87111
Last modified Eisenhower Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top