Bad
Good

I think the teachers at Inez Elementary are by far the best in the city! inez lacks a strong principal and leadership. My youngest child is in 5th grade and in all my 9 years of being a parent at Inez I have never been treated so badly by the office staff. They are rude, unhelpful, and seem as if they do not have a clue of what is going on. The principal is always out and phone calls are never returned. I was not able to check my child out for an appt. because it was after 2:00pm. How dare a school think they can keep my child from me.

I removed my daughter from Inez Elementary for several issues that have happened at the school. These issues range from religious discrimination from one of the teachers, to being told that it 'Wasn't worth the argument' when referring to teaching particular students all the way to the school allowing unauthorized persons to interact, photograph and touch my child. Personally, I would reccomend the Kindergarten 1st grade as the teachers I interacted with are exceptional, but once she moved into first grade, it went downhill from there.

The teachers are phenomenal. Unfortunately, the school has a poor administrator.

Wow, what can I say other than my family has been with Inez for the past 10 years and the change in principles from August 2007 to the current year 2009-2010 has really affected the school. The dynamic between staff, parents, and students has changed significantly. There have been many problems at the school including electrical fires and constant fire drills where our children were left outside for long periods of time. This angers me that I had to find this out from my children instead of through the proper adult/administration channels (the principle) so much for an experienced principle! I feel it is very important for the principle to be open and honest with parents about all activites both positive and negative. What a shame that parents did not even receive a formal newsletter from the principle. Due to these and many other incidents we have left the school!

I absolutely love this school!! My son was a transfer kindergarten student this year and he loved his teacher, Ms. M. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about ALL of the kindergarten teachers. As a parent, my husband and I attended a couple of the school field trips and I was very impressed with the teacher's and how they were very caring and truly concerned about the well being and safety of their students. Also, the PTO has been just wonderful! They purchased new playground equipment for the kindergarten this year. I am very happy to be part of this school and am looking forward to working with the teacher's and PTO in the future

I have a son that goes there that has needs and i feel like they could try to make class's better for the kids with need. like my son has needs but can do the work but they put him in a class with kids that r disroptive which make it hard for him to do his work. if they could make a class for kids that have learning prombles but not behaver problmes. i thank kids like my son would beafit from it.

My kids are new students and I am so happy with the way they have been welcomed. They are very happy and I am confident they are going to receive the best education.

I would like to thank our PTO this year '07-'08. Dorothy, Ted, and Sean have been an exception to the rule as far as PTO leadership goes. A great big thank you for the money given to each student to help their families on the cost of seeing 'Tall Paul,' the money given to teachers to enhance their classrooms (whether it be increasing the classroom library, art supplies, crayons, or whatever was needed), lunch from the Quarters, and always thinking about our school first! Thank you so much!

As the Mother of a young kindergartener, I have experienced incredible support from the staff at Inez. The Principal met my son early on as he was struggling at a fire drill. She looked at me and said, 'If that kind of energy is channeled in the right direction he will do really well!' I was so impressed with that kind of positive leadership and I must say it has been consistant around several school and student issues. Dawn Cappelman is a pro and the most resourceful, dedicated educator I have ever known. The ongoing educational and family activities for my child have created a real learning community for myself and my son. He can't wait to get to school in the morning!

Great parental response posted on 9/27/07! It's nice to hear that Inez continues to live up to its reputation. As a staff member, I am pleased with how the behaviors of the students are progressing in the hallways, on the playground and in the cafeteria. As the students transition from one area to another, we can hear them encouraging one another to 'Walk...this is a walk zone!' I believe that this school will continue to be a fine school. The staff appear to continue to do what they love to do...teach!

Last modified Inez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.